Thread: Kahles Helia CB 8X50.

Kahles Helia CB 8X50.

Just got my hands on the scope that I purchased a month ago....... Had to wait for my parents to bring it back from the US.

Well I can report that it has certainly been worth the wait.
    Box/packaging is of good quality/construction. Scope came wrapped in tissue paper inside the box. Generally a good feeling about it.

Standard lens covers are very similar to those that came with my Swarovski (clear so as you can shoot with them on). The only critism is that they are too tight on the eye piece (difficult to get off).

The scope has not as yet been mounted as I am still waiting for The Sportsman to get their act together and post me my damned mounts that I ordered over two weeks ago!!!

The optics are certainly comparable to those on my Zeiss and Swarovski. It would not be fair of me to say anymore until I have mounted and zero'd.

The centre dot illumination appears to work very well with no radiated light within the optics.

This scope was very reasonable, some £250 cheaper than a comparable Swarovski or S&B. If my initial findings are anything to go by I will certainly be looking to purchase more of these in the future.

I will detail this review as and when my mounts arrive and once I have used it in the field.

Kind Regards
    Peter

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    Whats it going on Pete? The Sako?

Ideal size for a stalking scope.

Hi Mark,
    No, not the Sako. I'm putting it on the .22 Hornet. Should be great for vermin at night!

Still haven't got the mounts from SGC. Service there really does suck! Not even a courtesy call as yet

Kind Regards
    Peter

OK,
    I've had this scope on my Hornet for some weeks now so it would be fair for me to pass judgement now.

Optics are very clear and give good clarity in both sunlight and dusk conditions. The quality is very much on a par with my Zeiss and Swarovski, for the price it is absolutely superb!

Reticule (illuminated centre dot) 4N (I think?) is very well proportioned, I have shot young rabbits @ 175yds and a fox @ 150yds. Nothing was obscured by the reticule.

Illumination of the dot is good, although the new battery that I fitted was flat after a few days!! Fitted another and that too went flat within a week
    I now remove the battery after any outings, which is proving to be a pain in the backside.

All in all the scope represents very good value for money given that the optics are first class. The only downside is the illumination power supply depletion, I will be sending back to factory for repair.

Highly recommended

Regards
    Peter