Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC Cobra 3-9x50 AO Mil-dot

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    For those interested, I saw both the 3-9x50 and the 3-9x42 in stock and for sale in Pickering Airguns this morning.
    Did you notice how much, Chris.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme.C.177 View Post
    Did you notice how much, Chris.
    IIRC £67.99 for the 3-9x42 and £69.99 for the 3-9x50.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

swinscoe Guest

Thumbs down

you can gaurentee that in my local shop it'll be at least another £15.00 on the price

My 3-9*50 was £60 delivered direct from MTC! I thought it was a good deal...
    Dom

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    My 3-9*50 was £60 delivered direct from MTC! I thought it was a good deal...

If I could just point out that Dom had no local stockist and the £10 off was because the mounts hadn't arrived

True, but I'm still happy!
    Dom

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    True, but I'm still happy!

Glad you like it Dom, and thanks for the feedback

MTC Cobra 3-9x50 AO Mil-dot

Got mine today from mtc , fantastic friendly service as well .
    well pleased with the scope on rifle this afternoon and zerod
    cheers jerry

Got mine too, next day as promised.

Pity the company providing the mounts were not as efficient.

Looks to be a very nice bit of kit , will post review after I get it fitted.

Steve

Finally got to use mine in anger over the weekend, a rare foray on one of my old hunts which I left back in Lancashire when I moved last year. Anyways... the scope arrived packaged like you would expect an expensive quality scope; proper thick box that the most heavy handed postie would struggle to damage and all inside a double walled box that must cost the distributors a bob or two, I can tell ya.

Upon opening the box and having a glimpse through the scope, I wasn't surprised to see a very clear image, comparable with a quality Bushnell or similar. I then upped the zoom from 3x to 9x and tweaked the PA to where I thought it should be, (30yds), the image wasn't as clear as I expected. This particular scopes PA range is obviously out as I had to have it set at 50yds for what should be to 30yds. Not a problem as I don't usually mess with PA once set - as this scope is on my .22 which I only shoot at up to 35yds regardless, so I can live with the PA issue.

I'm not going to write an essay as Chris has already done a good one at the top of this thread, so to sum up:- turrets are precise, zoom & PA adjustment are smooth, mildot ret is fantastic being the right size for our type of targets and overall build quality is good. Not forgetting the included flip-up covers and mounts - saving £25 for the cheapest available.

To sum up, you get a quality image never seen on a scope in this price band. I was shocked to here the scope costs less than a ton let alone just £70. The Cobra is the new king of budget scopes, make no mistake, I would recommend to anyone after a cheap scope to buy a Cobra.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Talking

Hello,

Nice review Dave,

I received mine the other week( the 3-9x50 model) and have already fitted it to my Xocet and it loks monsterous to say the least!!! The only issue I have with it as mentioned above is the zoom ring is still very very stiff to move even when mounted. I have contacted Gary and he did mention about a new batch being available sometime in December that have been improved, so I'm just awaiting an update from him on the situation at hand. Other than that, I'm over the moon with mine and it was well worth the money-a big thanks to the guys on here who reviewed them initially at first, If it wasen't for reading such great detailed, and simple reviews I would never had looked at MTC in my choice of scope and would have probably bought something under par with what I have now.

Michael.

MTC COBRA 3-9x42 AO

deleted and put in correct section!
    Last edited by gertie6car; 28-12-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Just got my new scope (Viper 6-24x56).

What can I say that has not been said already...being basically lazy, not a lot

Stunning....

So stunning in fact I am taking mine into the nick to show a coleague as he wants a new scope for his new deer rifle.

He was going to bung a hawk on it, but I thought he might like to see this baby first

Cheers Gary, Looking forward to my bunny bashing season with a vengeance.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

im guessing you would recomend this scope for the money then.
    looking for a new scope to replace my current scope, ags saphire 3-9x40 , as its just not very good at low light hunting.

cheers

flash
    Air arms S400 .177
    BSA superstar .22

if at first you dont succeed, cheat or give up.

Tight mag ring on Cobra 3-9 X 50

Hello All

New member here from Canterbury. New to shooting too.

Met Baz yesterday and purchased said scope after reading glowing reviews here. Replacement for the Hawke-Sport 3-9 x 40 which I got with the gun package from Greenfields near Canterbury. The Hawke scope is OK but does not hold zero perfectly. Also in low light (I am trying my hand at rabbiting on a friends farm locally) it was pretty hopeless.

I agree finish on the cobra is excellent.

Just waiting for the 1" mounts now to put it on my brand new HW97K (my first airgun).

I have also noticed while admiring my new scope off the gun that yes, the 3-9 mag ring is very stiff to move.

I read mention that there were old and new batches of these scopes. Have I then got one of the earlier ones? Does the ring ease up with use?

Happy Hunting everyone.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.