Thread: webley omega info wanted

webley omega info wanted

a mate of mine has a .22 omega im going to tune for him
    i was after a bit of info and a rough valuation
    its numbered on/near the barrel 830046 ,any idea on age?
    the stock is very good condition and the barrel has a few marks but nothing major
    also what would the best tuning method be for this ,vmax type kit or other
    and is it a rifle that tends to low or higher power
    any info gladly excepted ,including exploded diagrams
    hand made custom knifes pm for info

the omega was a full 12ft.lb rifle,as for tuning i'd go for a decent spring tune kit like a v-mach.

age....mid 80's to 1990 perhaps at best guess

chears mate

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

The Webley & Scott Omega

For what it's worth (not a lot ), and imho, the Omega is the best air rifle that Webley ever made, and when I die they'll have to prize mine from my clenched fists with a v-big crow bar . To tune I would use a V-mach kit if you like, but mine (a carbine in .177) is still as standard, and shoots so smoothly it has many shots left to take before a fiddle is needed . So to price. If in vgc £200ish for a .22 and £225ish for a .177. If fair to average £150ish + if in .22, and £175ish + if in .177 (and no matter which of the above applies, ad an extra 10% if a carbine). ATB & HTH: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    For what it's worth (not a lot ), and imho, the Omega is the best air rifle that Webley ever made, and when I die they'll have to prize mine from my clenched fists with a v-big crow bar . To tune I would use a V-mach kit if you like, but mine (a carbine in .177) is still as standard, and shoots so smoothly it has many shots left to take before a fiddle is needed . So to price. If in vgc £200ish for a .22 and £225ish for a .177. If fair to average £150ish + if in .22, and £175ish + if in .177 (and no matter which of the above applies, ad an extra 10% if a carbine). ATB & HTH: Gareth W-B.
    spot on thank you ,
    it definitely needs looking at internally ,its twangy as you like ,as soon as i get it in my hands i know more but have a feeling the spring might be broken

How about a Omega with a factory fitted adjustable gas ram! It shoots lovely - now, if I can get a .177 barrel.

See here.

I know nothing of its history or who fitted the gas ram system (Webley or Theoben) except that its from the Wallis Webley auction of last year.
    ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk