Thread: MTC cobra 3-9x50 ao, another review.

MTC cobra 3-9x50 ao, another review.

had my 3-9x50 cobra here for about a fortnight, my appolagies to gary for taking so long to get something put together on here (divorce rubbish takeing over again)

right, down to business. gary and sammie have excelled themselves once again, this is a cracking scope full of features. as with the viper scope i had from gary, the cobra came in a good quality box. wrapped up well, with instructions and lense cloth. once unwraped, the cobra struck me as a well finished, solid (although not heavy) scope. i was pleased to see the flip up caps that were included, i must say i am a fan of these, i think those elastcated cups are rubbish. i like the way the mag and px are boldly marked on the scope.
    first look through the scope, set on three mag and i was impressed by the clarity. so i instantly cranked it up to nine mag to see if it lost anything, i'm pleased to say i thing it is just as clear. the second thing that grabbed me was the ret, nice close mildots, not like some i've seen where there seems about an inch between the dots. i never used to use anything other than 30/30 rets, but garys scb ret got me on the right track, and i've had a couple of milldot ret scopes since and get on really well with them.
    the turrets impressed me, very positive clicks, but not to tight to adjust easily. the fast focus is also a welcome feature, so much better than the old unscrew the eyebell jobs. finaly i tried out the parralax, i've heard people say that parralax adjustment is un nessacery on a 9 mag scope. i though like to have adjustable parralax on any mag scope, probably because i have only a short range where i practise in my garden, and i hate looking through a blury scope. i found that the cobra would px down too 15yds on 9 mag, and much closer with the mag knocked down. overall i am very impressed with the scope, with no bad points apparrent.

hopefully by the end of the week, i will have the scope mounted on my pro target, and i'll go up to my mates farm and give it a propper trial.
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

Quote Originally Posted by BENSPEED888 View Post

hopefully by the end of the week, i will have the scope mounted on my pro target, and i'll go up to my mates farm and give it a propper trial.
    Now if you want to give it a propper testing, i will pick you up and you can come down Tondu with me and skanman on thursday, or Saturday?
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by BENSPEED888 View Post
    nice close mildots, not like some i've seen where there seems about an inch between the dots.
    Mil dots are always about 3.5" at 100 yards, 7" at 200 and so on thats how it works

What you tend to see on airgun scopes are aiming dots at some arbitary points on the reticule defined by the manufacturer

Proper mil dots are very much cleverer than just distance aim points.

Have a look here

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.