Thread: Shrinking collection a wee bit more, need advice on most saleable

harryholic Guest

Shrinking collection a wee bit more, need advice on most saleable

Hi,

Disposed of about 6 guns a couple of years ago, the "being practical" bug has hit me again, and acceptance that toys I haven't even looked at for 2 years are probably surplus to requriements.

Need to shift two of these four, would consider them collectable even though they are not ancient, If I'm wrong please forgive for posting in the wrong section.

Sharps Innova Venom Bullpup, odd looking reworking of a Japanese pump up pneumatic, very short, dates from the early/mid 80's.

Theoben Scirocco Grandprix, thumbhole version of the early scirocco, top of the range for non FaC.

BSA Super ten realtree camo full length with matching camo BSA 50mm scope and mounts. One of the original 100 dipped/camo super ten's, this one was back then unique as BSA made up a scope and mount to match the camo pattern. (my uncle was previously a big-wig in BSA) never used in anger, doubt shes fired 20 or 30 shots.

Harper Fox skeleton rife, novelty electronic trigger.

which are the most sale-able these days ?
    (had to ban my self from this forum and gun shops as an intended sale always ended up as a purchase instead)

non are toys I bought to use, they have all been
    "Hmmm, never had one of those" or
    "Cor, I'd have died to own that when i was a kid"
    purchases.

advice and price ranges please - also how does the new gunlaw effect me selling? - do I have to do face to face only?

thanks in advance

Harry

Welcome (back?) to the BBS Harry. Interesting guns. The new law doesn't apply to private second hand sales, it only affects dealers. So you can post guns freely and this will obviously help you reach a bigger market.

Could you post some pics?

Great coolection of 80's classics. Several of these were on my wish list as a kid with no money..
    Will watch to see how the prices go as quite fancy the theoben myself, had a Sirocco 2000 as soon as I had a job. Regret selling it even today.
    Good luck.
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

my order of desirability / saleabilty as requested would be:

1) the Venom innova -£250

2) then harper fox- (no idea - £300?)

3) the Scirrco (£225)

4) last the super ten (£350)

but you would shift them all on here for a decent price - I honestly have not much idea but have also GUESSED some prices above as a starter for debate.

Cheers

Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

harryholic Guest
    It was a great collection once...

depleted by common sence, and lack of time.

More info to assist assessment

Venom is a 22, I reoiled her years ago, and doubt shes been outside since, scilencer, far from perfect, was used as a hide gun by its owner before me, mix of anodised metal and plastic. Brass trigger, looks like a home made one.

GP is great, so so solid, serviced by Keens year or two ago and put back into the legal zone, was pushing a scope cracking 18flbs, blueing now poor, stock glossy and healthy. 177

Fox is a 22, dont think I paid 300 for it, more like 200 i think, does what is says on the tin, but small cylinder 30 ish shots a charge I think, ment it never got used as the light weight carry all day in the field gun i intended it to be. Same thing happend years before when I bought a very early lighthunter.

Super 10, suprised, ok, shocked by the drop in value there, cost circa 700 think, another great "limited edition" buy. 30 shots and 350 down blimey. Novelty then was the scope/gun dipped combo, BSA had done a carbine with a matching scope for magazine adverts. Persuaded my uncle to have a scope made up for me, boy did I feel special then. So scared of using it I bought a standard c/b s10 to actual shoot with. Must have made a lot of bonus that year.

link to more pictures
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Air%20Rifles/