Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another pistol competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another pistol competition

By popular demand I am going to oversee another pistol competition.
    This time though, again by popular demand, it will be open to any air pistol with exception of co2 or pcp. The reason for the exception is to only have pistols that have some effort required to cock, other than that use any thing you wish. Got something not seeing the light of day, well get it out ( er..... pistol I mean of course!) and put it to good use.

Standard 10m nsra pistol targets as before, shot at 10m.
    5 shots per card on 4 cards, total 20 shots, 4 cards per month for 6 months, scores to be submitted before the 25th of each month.
    Max 20 warm up shots before shooting all cards one after the other, no breaks.
    Honesty a virtue as always

This time my business www.shireshop.co.uk will put up £20 prize money to be used at sponsors of this forum Jsramsbotttom. ( I will work out the method of payment before the competition finishes.)
    I will try and get a seperate webpage setup to display scores, but scores are to be posted on this thread so that I can collate them on the website.

First scores to be submitted by 25th December 2007.

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

Graeme ( who will be having a bash with his FWB 80)
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    HI Graeme

Would you just confirm that the target type is the " NSRA Air 4/89 10 Metres - 1 Target Air Pistol " and scored inward gauging? e.g. if pellet hole touches (doesn't have to break the line) the Bull ring it scores 10

May well have to rummage at the club to see if we have some of these, and then try to find somewhere to shoot. Could easily manage the 6 yards target range (just a 10M target scaled down for the shorter range) in the living room, but may otherwise have to remove kitchen door to 'find' the extra yardage

Could well mean the HW75 coming out of the cupboard.

Cheers

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    Sorry I'm being a bit thick, what controls people using what gun etc. I'm a member of a 10m club and have to get an official to sign it.

I'd love to have a go but at a level playing field

Sean

Biggles... Yes thats the one, for others to see, it is the 6th one down herehttp://www.nsra.co.uk/Shop2/Shop_html/airgun.htm
    and yes, inward scoring.

Levidog. The competition is open to all pistols except pcp and co2.
    No official signing is required as the cards do not need to be sent in. The competition is purely an honesty event, in my ideal world we are all trustworthy and gentlemanly enough to participate honestly.
    The gun started with should be the gun used throughout the duration of the competition, anything that requires an effort to cock which is why pcp and
    co2 are excluded from entry.
    Although shot over only 20 shots per month the effort of cocking will/should add a bit of extra concentration into the mix.

The last comp I oversaw was very gun specific and hence limits the people participating, lots of folks wanted a go but did not have the particular gun hence this one being an open.
    The main point of taking part is not so much winning as improving your own shooting ( if it needs it), shooting against other people I find helps me do better. The prize is only token and really just an incentive for more people to take part.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Biggles... Yes thats the one, for others to see, it is the 6th one down herehttp://www.nsra.co.uk/Shop2/Shop_html/airgun.htm

Cheers
    Graeme
    Does anyone know where I can get maybe 100 of these targets mail order as the NSRA only seem to do them in 1000's

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Me!

I'm interested! Of course, I'm already trying to do 3 other air pistol postal competitions, but what the hell....

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Targets, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get maybe 100 of these targets mail order as the NSRA only seem to do them in 1000's
    I agree, I need to get hold of some/one of these, but don't need to shell out hundreds, to purchase thousands of targets!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ive got off to a rather bad start in the competition. Im shooting outside in the garden so have to wait for more favourable conditions being as its blowing half a hooligan across Anglesey this last week or so. Anyway I decided to have a go and started with a warm up session. First five shots at the target I only shot myself, luckily it was a bounce back that caught me just above my waist and not on unprotected flesh!!! On close examination Id hit a large knot on the 2" thick plank Id attached the target to. I have now modified the way Im mounting the target by including several layers of cardboard between the target and the timber back stop so that wont happen again. Anyway I then settled down to my second set of warm up shots, I got three shots into the taget and it starting to really lash it down with rain, the ink on the target isnt waterproof and is now running down the target.

Thankfully there are still 21 days left to complete the shoot.

Wet Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G View Post
    I got three shots into the taget and it starting to really lash it down with rain, the ink on the target isnt waterproof and is now running down the target.

Thankfully there are still 21 days left to complete the shoot.

Wet Roy

You really should have got that on video! Just spat guinness all over the keyboard reading that

Thats not all Graeme. I had just bought a tin of RWS superdomes and a tin of Daystates plus the original tin of Crossman Matchpells all of which were open on the lawn so I could try to find the best pellet for the HW45. I finished up with a p**s wet through foam lined case, wet HW45, a droopy target and 1500 assorted pellets swimming round in metal tins and not forgetting my glasses steamed up!!!!

I havnt got to the Daystates yet but I did notice the RWS superdomes are a much tighter fit in the bore than the Crossmans so I must remember to use a seating probe.

BTW a video would have been X rated
    Roy

Ace!

I've just agreed to by an FAS 604 (single stroke pneumatic) - is that a legal gun for this comp? Failing that it's the trusty Hurricane (although it's a .22 and I dread to think what my scores would be like)

cheers

Matt

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Ace!

I've just agreed to by an FAS 604 (single stroke pneumatic) - is that a legal gun for this comp? Failing that it's the trusty Hurricane (although it's a .22 and I dread to think what my scores would be like)

cheers

Matt
    Hi Matt

I'm sure that Graeme will reply later to confirm this but my understanding is that your FAS would be OK. Only type of pistol specifically EXCLUDED is pre-charge/PCP. Rules otherwise very simple - iron sights, single handed and unsupported at either 10 meters or 6 yards, using NSRA targets or those in my earlier post (#33). Oh, and hope you can find an alternate to shooting outdoors in the rain and gales

Biggles (who had to buy a new target holder today so will now be getting down to some concerted practice)
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Are we set?

HAVE we finalized the rules, then? I thought we were still deciding on the target?

Jim

Matt, Faz, no problem, at least one other will be using one. Welcome aboard.

Jim, I am trying not to advise on targets after my last almighty balls up!
    Nsra 10m pistol or 6yd pistol, or if unavailable the targets that Biggles put up here for printing off, they are about 13 replies back up as a pdf file attachment. Sorry I don't know how to repeat the attachment in this reply.

Just to repeat, as names for inclusion come in they are added to the scoreboard at www.shireshop.co.uk scroll to bottom right of landing page to find "10m pistol competition" link, sorry can't do a direct page link as it works via my shop website which is a purchased template. Someone brighter than me would probably know how to direct link it.

Jsramsbotttom have informed me that they don't do vouchers, but at the end of the competition I will send off £20 to them to be held against a purchase by the winner. Not sure how that will work for you if you are not from the UK, but that was the way the prize was to work from the outset.

Hopefully that is everything,.....get shooting, and good luck

FAS 604 seals/O-rings

For anyone with faulty O-rings on their FAS604
    Hopefully there should be some pics attached that will be useful for O-ring replacement

and

Thanks for reply Graeme (re. more than 1 pistol)
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hold me back !!