Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Light Stream 4.5-14X44 TMR

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Looks like it has fallen through.
    Airmasters will only supply if they can order 3 of them.
    Minimum order is 3.
    Looks like I'll be importing my next new scope ....... Again
    Don't understand your problem there are plenty of Lightstream stockists

http://www.light-stream.co.uk/contact.htm
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Am I missing something here? The title of the thread suggests TMR (Tactical Milling Reticle). Even on the Lightstream website it's a little hard to tell for sure but isn't the reticle just a modified mil-dot reticle rather than a half mil type reticle as TMR would suggest? Other than the reticle, how much different are these scopes to the remarkably similar looking Weaver Tacticals?
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Other than the reticle, how much different are these scopes to the remarkably similar looking Weaver Tacticals?
    Not much Chris, but try getting hold of a Weaver Tactical

I had 2 Weaver Tacticlas at one point and sold one to a guy who already had a Lighstream, he reckoned that the Weaver is slightly better and does not suffer from parallax error as much (he uses it for HFT), from what I understand he sold the Lighstream and kept the Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post

I had 2 Weaver Tacticlas at one point and sold one to a guy who already had a Lighstream, he reckoned that the Weaver is slightly better and does not suffer from parallax error as much (he uses it for HFT), from what I understand he sold the Lighstream and kept the Weaver
    Thanks for that, I have often wondered. I also wonder why no-one bothered with the Weaver version when it was available?

P.S. Although I've never seen the 4.5-14 Weaver Tactical I was jammy enough to get my sticky mitts on a Weaver Tactical In the 3-9x40 flavour. I'm a little surprised Lightstream didn't do a version of the smaller scope if, as suggested, the 4.5-14 is indeed based on the Weavers.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hens teeth.
    A guy at Wendover had one and it was excellent. I tried impoting them but could not. I've only seen two of the higher mag ones. Guesty has one and it is superb.
    I now have the 5-20 version (light Steam) with standard mildots and it is rather good

Hens teeth.
    A guy at Wendover had one and it was excellent. I tried impoting them but could not. I've only seen two of the higher mag ones. Guesty has one and it is superb.
    I now have the 5-20 version (light Steam) with standard mildots and it is rather good

I sold it to a guy at Wendover however there are 2 at Wendover, Dave has one and Steve has one, Dave has my old one. I still have one, and I am not sure I will ever sell it, best optics I have seen on a Jap scope, not far behind Conquests, Meoptas and other 'cheaper' european glass...

light stream

i find it hard to work out the milling system where my pellet is going to hit???? its spot on zero at 25y but every thing out to 50y is so hard to judge.as this scope is so acurate....or maybe i just cant shoot!!!! only shoot with it a handfull of times....
    DAYSTATE AIRWOLF,.177.LIGHT STREAM 4.5X14X44 HARRIS BIPOD] AIRARMS S510 THUMBHOLE .177,3x12x44irs viper

FWIW - my MPR/lightstream is

on low mounts
    zero 25 yds
    .177 @ 780 fps
    10 x mag
    20yds paralax

8 yds - minus 1 mil
    10 yds - minus 1/2
    12- 30 yds - zero
    35 - top of kill (+ 1/2 mil)
    40- + 1mil
    45 + 1.5mil
    50 +2 (and a bit)

..but that's just my set up

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Hens teeth.
    The scope you've seen is mine ,best money i ever spent, now trying to work out who you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    Thanks for that, I have often wondered. I also wonder why no-one bothered with the Weaver version when it was available?

P.S. Although I've never seen the 4.5-14 Weaver Tactical I was jammy enough to get my sticky mitts on a Weaver Tactical In the 3-9x40 flavour. I'm a little surprised Lightstream didn't do a version of the smaller scope if, as suggested, the 4.5-14 is indeed based on the Weavers.
    Just read this thread and thought people might like to know Optics warehouse has these scopes in http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=322

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    Just read this thread and thought people might like to know Optics warehouse has these scopes in http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=322
    Mick,
    that website has said the same thing for months and months. In that time the Weaver brand has been sold. The Tactical model has yet to reappear in the Weaver catalogue or any other outlet worldwide that I've managed to find. Optics warehouse can say what they like but it would be a big surprise if they really can get them in two weeks.

http://www.weaver-mounts.com/weavero...scopeList.html

However, there does look to be two new "Tactical" models in the updated Weaver PDF Catalogue. http://www.weaver-mounts.com/weavero...Catalog_08.pdf
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

he reckoned that the Weaver is slightly better and does not suffer from parallax error as much
    Own both a Weaver and Lightstream. The LS has better glass, but the Weaver is slightly better built.
    The finish on the Weaver is also different; a coarse matt black instead of the satin black on the LS.

Between the two I prefer the Lightstream, but it is a particularly good example.

PS: DOF is also smaller on the Weaver.

i have two eb snipers after looking through a lightstream at a shoot i was suprizes how bright the lightstream was.i have now brought one.AT 8 to 10 yds i shoot dead centre with the snipers but wih the lightstream i have to shoot at 11 oclock to hit centre.All the other ranges are spot on im baffled

great reticle and clear optics but to expensive for what he can offer sold it and bought a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 MD Tactical great scope better value for money

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by k.c. View Post
    i have two eb snipers after looking through a lightstream at a shoot i was suprizes how bright the lightstream was.i have now brought one.AT 8 to 10 yds i shoot dead centre with the snipers but wih the lightstream i have to shoot at 11 oclock to hit centre.All the other ranges are spot on im baffled
    That sounds like Parallax error as the Lightstream only goes down to 15yards.