Thread: Meopta Artemis 2100 7x50 Illuminated Dot ret

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....

Meopta Artemis 2100 7x50 Illuminated Dot ret

I fancied a change from the norm for my .17hmr, I had a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 on it before hand which was truley phenominal but recently purchased a new .223 so The Zeiss has been transplanted onto that. Well that left me in need of some new glass. I fancied a change from the norm as usually my rifles all get a 6.5-20x40/50. After toying with the idea of a Nikon monarch and also the Bushnell Elite 4200 SF I plumped for a Meopta fixed PX illuminated dot ret. Not being a big fan of illuminated ret scopes it was quite a choice, but looking through it my first impression was good. Anyway It came home with me. Tried to mount it on the heavy barreled Cz Hmr with medium mounts but the Objective lens end was sitting rather uncomfortably on the barrel, "Bugger"!!!!! I thought I had some high 1" mounts somewhere but they were 30mm again "Bugger"!!!!!!!
    Tried it on the CZ Style .22lr as the barrel is not heavy, it fitted nicely, plenty of clearence from the objective to the barrel. Again not ever owning or using a decent Fixed PX Scope especially not one with such a fine Illuminated ret I was initially quite concerend, both with not being able to "Zoom in" so to speak, and also with using a Red filtered lamp, I was unsure if the dot would be cancelled out.
    Down at the golf course I zero'd under the main beam of my car head lights. The dot being fine did not obscure the target at all, quite suprisingly I found it nice and easy to use. The Meopta has seven brightness settings with an off position in between each stage IE (Lowest) 1 off 2 off 3 off ect 6 off 7 off (Brightest). Number 6 was ideal for me giving a crisp bright dot. After aquiring my usual group size, I chucked the lamp on. Again it supprised me that the dot was still very visible. Grouped again with no problem.
    After the grouping session, I took a walk around the course, nothing much out but I managed to shoot a forty yarder and a seventy yarder. The dot being very user friendly not obscuring the target at all. Very impressed with it to be honest, I just need to get hold of some 1" high mounts so I can get on top of the Hmr for a test session. I have a good feeling that this is going to be quite handy!

Photos to follow

Enough of my ramblings heres the Maunfacturers blurb:

Artemis 2100 7x50
    The Artemis 2100 aiming riflescopes are designed as a supplement to various hunting arms. In connection with a fire arm, they multiply the precision of long distance shooting many times.

The Artemis 2100 riflescope differs from the model Artemis 2000 by being fitted with the reticle with lit point in the point of intersection of thin lines. The control mechanism of the lit reticle is situated on the left hand side (when looking from the eyepiece) of the central cube with adjustment mechanism. The light intensity can be changed in jumps by a rotating sleeve in the scale range 1-7. In the edge positions and interpositions the illumination is off. For elevation and windage adjustments of the reticle in arms seasoning are provided turret knobs with snap mechanism making it possible to change the sighting angle. The adjusting knobs are protected by caps.

Technical specifications of the illuminating device

Batteries 3V - type CR2032 (lower capacity) or type CR2354 (higher capacity)
    Brightness regulation and switching-off with only controlling element
    Illuminated mark brightness regulation - in seven step jumps - with switching-off edge positions and in each step interpositions
    Reticle cross illuminated mark in form of red dot
    Middle service life of batteries is 60 (smaller) to 80 (larger) hours

Specifications

Magnification: 7x
    Objective optical diameter: 50 mm
    Field of view: 5.7 m / 100 m
    Exit pupil diameter: 7 mm
    Exit pupil distance: 80 mm
    Eyepiece dioptrie range: ±3 D
    Central (attaching) tube diameter: 25.4 mm (1")
    Objective tube diameter: 57 mm
    Eyepiece tube diameter: 42.5 mm
    Rectification range: min. 40’
    Weight: 615 g
    Total length: 353 mm
    Reticle in front or rear focal plane: front
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Meopta glass is great I have the standard 7x50 which is easily as good as the Schmidt's and Leup's in the dark.

I've always fancied the dot version, is it just a pin prick dot or do the cross hairs light up as well, I've never liked ordinary illuminated rets.

How big is the dot at 100 yards?

Great review

Rich
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Hi Richard, the dot is just a pin-prick. At 100 yards its very useable, as you can dim the glow. It seems the futher you aim the dot size on target stays the same? If that makes sense Richard. It does not obscure the target at all. I rate the glass way and above my VXIII 6.5-20X50

Click here for the Ret

I will get some pictures posted up tomorow when I have had the chance to take some photos.

Hmmm looks exactly what I need, more expense

So no big lump on the ocular bell for the illuminated gubbins?

I like it more and more

my brother uses a 7x50 meopta non ill. atop of his tikka t3 22/ 250 cracking scope for lamping the foxes
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

the only problems he had fitting the scope was the 26mm tube.......all sorted now though
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    the only problems he had fitting the scope was the 26mm tube.......all sorted now though
    Hi Joffy, no problem with the 2100 the tude dia. is 1".