Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Logic Genesis (please look in)

I finally got round to checking the serial number on mine. It must be a late one as the Serial no is 170. It is in desperate need of a strip and service and is showing some signs of wear, if and when I have the cash spare I will drop it off with Richard. Last time I spoke to him it was going to be in the region of £180
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Speaking personally I would say yes. I have seen (and purchased) rifles from the Webley auction. They may only vary in from the production model in some cases by having reduced or no engraving on them but this must warrant closer inspection and therefore the added curiosity value.

ATB
    Ian
    I.J., thank you for your comments, much appreciated. interesting that you mention the webley auction because i sold 2 pistols to webley back a few years ago when they advertised in the mags to gather in examples of their old guns, do you remember this? don't suppose you know if the auction included the guns that they got back from those adverts?...anyway, i sold them a ex-con B-series premier, and a chromed/nickel straight grip mk1 for £115 the pair!...you didn't happen to see any such pistols whilst you were there did you?, or better still, you didn't happen buy either of these from that auction? of course it's none of my business if you did, just curious is all...

oh, and thank you for confirming my thoughts regarding the increased value of a gun in prototype form. i do genuinely value your opinion and the opinion of others on this thread because you chaps obviously know a lot more than me about such things, i'm not in the habit of wasting peoples time, i really wouldn't have asked otherwise! so i am curious as to why you would use the emoticon for sarcasm to end your post? don't you think it was a valid question considering i started this thread to ascertain the value of this particular gun?, or am i just being too sensitive as has been known to happen before...

Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
    I finally got round to checking the serial number on mine. It must be a late one as the Serial no is 170. It is in desperate need of a strip and service and is showing some signs of wear, if and when I have the cash spare I will drop it off with Richard. Last time I spoke to him it was going to be in the region of £180
    hi ya, glow, wow £180!, no offence but do you know what it needs doing for that?...when we spoke yesterday, richard said that a service would be around £100 mark, plus postage, so i guess yours needs a bit more than just a service then, yeah?

also, please would you (or anyone else reading this) do me a quick favour and measure your genesis from butt to muzzle? just curious as to whether the size stated in the advert was rounded down to 45 inches length from butt to muzzle? or indeed if any standard length guns were produced at all, and if so then how long were they? these minor inconsistencies are bit anorak-ish in the grand scheme of things i know but i'm just trying to understand how my gun is different from the rest, cheers

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Genesis

46 & 5/16" overall, 45 & 7/8" from muzzle cap to point of maximum concavity of the butt pad, sliding barrel 18".

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post

so i am curious as to why you would use the emoticon for sarcasm to end your post?

I didn't even know we had a 'emoticon for sarcasm'. You learn something new on here every day. The '' used signified, if anything, food for thought or further comment.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
    46 & 5/16" overall, 45 & 7/8" from muzzle cap to point of maximum concavity of the butt pad, sliding barrel 18".
    cheers john, it would seem that the difference in length is only 1/4 of an inch or so (curiouser and curiouser said the orange ) the length of the action and barrel/shroud alone is 33-3/8 dead, is yours the same?...or slightly shorter? the actual barrel on mine is definitely 18-1/4 inches long, measured from the breech to the muzzle with cap removed...
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 05-02-2008 at 03:58 PM.

I didn't even know we had a 'emoticon for sarcasm'. You learn something new on here every day. The '' used signified, if anything, food for thought or further comment.

ATB
    Ian
    I.J. thanks for settling my paranoia and sorry if i read more into your post than was apparent, i have removed my foot from my mouth now, it was only getting in the way so hows about telling us some more about them webleys?

Although I didn't attend the Webley auction I have had the opportunity to look at, and play with, some of the lots bought by one of the major buyers. I have bought a few lots including a standard, run of the mill but very good condition Sharps Innova, a Barnett Spitfire (U.S. Tracker) and a prototype/one off adjustable gas rammed Webley Omega..
    I also know of a sectioned Airsporter, a adjustable gas ram Vulcan and a single stroke pneumatic and a pcp which you charge through the muzzle plus a few others.
    I am the first to admit I know very little about Webley pistols (3 or 5 pin trigger, this and that patents) and, if it wasn't wrote on the side of the pistol I would have little idea what I was looking at.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    hi ya, glow, wow £180!, no offence but do you know what it needs doing for that?...when we spoke yesterday, richard said that a service would be around £100 mark, plus postage, so i guess yours needs a bit more than just a service then, yeah?

also, please would you (or anyone else reading this) do me a quick favour and measure your genesis from butt to muzzle? just curious as to whether the size stated in the advert was rounded down to 45 inches length from butt to muzzle? or indeed if any standard length guns were produced at all, and if so then how long were they? these minor inconsistencies are bit anorak-ish in the grand scheme of things i know but i'm just trying to understand how my gun is different from the rest, cheers
    If you take the action out of the stock, there are two rubber buffers. They needed replacing as the rubber had perished, so I think it was £60 or so far that. Then a service on top of that.
    Last edited by GLow; 05-02-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Hi Dave, been out all day so not been able to reply!
    Firstly about the length! mine is 46" the barrel(the original) is 18 1/4". although my old one was 1/4" longer than the one i have now! I have put it down to the fact that they are all hand made and as with anything else hand made no two are identical!
    As to the value! i would also think you could ask a little more for yours than one of similar condition that was a production one! Purely because its a little more unique!
    I personally buy on condition! like i would with a classic car ect! thats the reason i would have it re-blued ect! although i havent seen yours in the flesh!(maybe much better than the pics look?) mine not perfect by a long way but very tidy original blueing and stock!
    If i can come to the GP i will bring it along with me! but at the moment have the.22 barrel in as the seals have seen better days!
    Lee
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

hi chaps, sorry for late replies...

Although I didn't attend the Webley auction I have had the opportunity to look at, and play with, some of the lots bought by one of the major buyers. I have bought a few lots including a standard, run of the mill but very good condition Sharps Innova, a Barnett Spitfire (U.S. Tracker) and a prototype/one off adjustable gas rammed Webley Omega.. I also know of a sectioned Airsporter, a adjustable gas ram Vulcan and a single stroke pneumatic and a pcp which you charge through the muzzle plus a few others.
    I am the first to admit I know very little about Webley pistols (3 or 5 pin trigger, this and that patents) and, if it wasn't wrote on the side of the pistol I would have little idea what I was looking at.

ATB
    Ian

hi I.J., think i'm a bit confused?....when you say 'the webley auction' do you, do you mean an auction of webley's own collection? (hence my earlier post regarding the two pistols i returned to webley themselves as part of their drive to build up a collection of their own stuff in the early 90's) or do you mean a general auction of webley items from someone/somewhere else?...anyway, sectioned?...fac, yeah?...single stroke fac at that! how difficult to charge is that one then?

Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
    If you take the action out of the stock, there are two rubber buffers. They needed replacing as the rubber had perished, so I think it was £60 or so far that. Then a service on top of that.

hi glow, do you mean these?...

http://www.akita-heaven.myzen.co.uk/...r%20buffer.JPG

if so then my genesis needs them too

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEv2 View Post
    Hi Dave, been out all day so not been able to reply!
    Firstly about the length! mine is 46" the barrel(the original) is 18 1/4". although my old one was 1/4" longer than the one i have now! I have put it down to the fact that they are all hand made and as with anything else hand made no two are identical!
    As to the value! i would also think you could ask a little more for yours than one of similar condition that was a production one! Purely because its a little more unique!
    I personally buy on condition! like i would with a classic car ect! thats the reason i would have it re-blued ect! although i havent seen yours in the flesh!(maybe much better than the pics look?) mine not perfect by a long way but very tidy original blueing and stock!
    If i can come to the GP i will bring it along with me! but at the moment have the.22 barrel in as the seals have seen better days!
    Lee
    hi lee,

it seems apparent that we all have slightly different guns. i've noticed a few other unfinished details about my gun, for instance, the trigger guard is just poked inside a unfinished slot in the stock, and trigger mechanism, despite having grub screws to adjust through both stages, isn't actually adjustable because any adjustment results in no sear engagement at all. i would assume that given the variation between our guns, the chances of interchangeability and therefore the prospects of making a bitza from the remaining parts for the 25 would be difficult without a lot of extra machining?

concerning reblue and such, i'm not totally convinced that it's a good thing to do...the pictures were taken on a high resolution(8mp) and so do tend to show the gun 'warts 'n' all' so to speak, the blueing isn't that bad other than the odd spot here and there. the various knocks and scratches on the stock do more to detract from appearance than anything else, but that's not too hard to sort out though.

cheers all,