Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: East Anglian Airgun Fayre Up-Date

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Cheers for the continued support chaps -- and good idea car pooling like that as could be the way ahead . Second confirmed stall booking received today too, this time courtesy of Mr collectables himself: kevin.ronnie . Saturday evening bumpski ttt (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thumbs up Airgun Fayre

Hi Gareth, two tickets for me please.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Hi Gareth,
    I've been having a serious word with myself about this event. Now that I've moved into centrefire rifles, I think it's about time I thinned my collection of sub-12 ft/lbs airguns down a little, so I'm looking at asking you for a table...

This brings me to my main concern, and thus to a suggestion I have for you:

Back along I went to an Observer's Book Club event, which was just like the one you've got planned here. They had table-top sales all day, but at noon they also held an auction for the harder-to-price stuff. My suggestion therefore, is that you do just the same. This way, I could be sure that if I was to sell something rare, like for instance, my one-off Ripley 'Special Hunter', that it would achieve its true market value. You could stipulate that, say, 5% of the auction proceeds went to a charity such as 'Help for Heroes'.
    Whaddya think?
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Hi Gareth,
    I've been having a serious word with myself about this event. Now that I've moved into centrefire rifles, I think it's about time I thinned my collection of sub-12 ft/lbs airguns down a little, so I'm looking at asking you for a table...

This brings me to my main concern, and thus to a suggestion I have for you:

Back along I went to an Observer's Book Club event, which was just like the one you've got planned here. They had table-top sales all day, but at noon they also held an auction for the harder-to-price stuff. My suggestion therefore, is that you do just the same. This way, I could be sure that if I was to sell something rare, like for instance, my one-off Ripley 'Special Hunter', that it would achieve its true market value. You could stipulate that, say, 5% of the auction proceeds went to a charity such as 'Help for Heroes'.
    Hi Paddy, stall No.3 to you my friend (this includes x2 entry tickets within the £30). More than happy for an auction of items, as think it's a cracking idea -- especially stipulating 5% of achieved auction prices go to Help For Heroes. Too many plates spinning on the day for me to run it however, but there is a stage in the venue's hall where the event will be taking place if anyone else wants to volunteer to run this for us for an hour (would need a caller and a steward)? Danny has also suggested a BBS stall where donated items could be sold to raise funds for the same cause. Again, happy for this if a couple of volunteers step up to run it (inc. set up, pack-up, and man it from 10am to 3pm), and all being well may even be able to waive the table top fee for this too . Please could any potential volunteers make themselves known ... Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Paddy, stall No.3 to you my friend (this includes x2 entry tickets within the £30). More than happy for an auction of items, as think it's a cracking idea -- especially stipulating 5% of achieved auction prices go to Help For Heroes. Too many plates spinning on the day for me to run it however, but there is a stage in the venue's hall where the event will be taking place if anyone else wants to volunteer to run this for us for an hour (would need a caller and a steward)? Danny has also suggested a BBS stall where donated items could be sold to raise funds for the same cause. Again, happy for this if a couple of volunteers step up to run it (inc. set up, pack-up, and man it from 10am to 3pm), and all being well may even be able to waive the table top fee for this too . Please could any potential volunteers make themselves known ... Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Hi Gareth - I'm delighted to hear you like my suggestion! Please don't consider my 'looking at asking you for a table' to be a reservation request just yet. I will need to sort out overnight accomodation, etc. before making a firm commitment. With luck, I will be able to give you a confirmation in the next few days. Then all I'll need to do is work out how many guns I can bear to part with, and how I'll manage to move them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Hi Gareth - I'm delighted to hear you like my suggestion! Please don't consider my 'looking at asking you for a table' to be a reservation request just yet. I will need to sort out overnight accomodation, etc. before making a firm commitment. With luck, I will be able to give you a confirmation in the next few days. Then all I'll need to do is work out how many guns I can bear to part with, and how I'll manage to move them all...
    No worries matey -- and knowing how you hate to sell, comisserations to the berrieved in advance ... Did I tell you, I got an F.A.C. 30ft.lb Rapid 7 after all (a MkI) . Really like the .22lr too, but variation for an HMR .17 going in end of June (the end of my six month watershed as an F.A.C. holder) ... Boys and toys eh ? Ha ha. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    No worries matey -- and knowing how you hate to sell, comisserations to the berrieved in advance ... Did I tell you, I got an F.A.C. 30ft.lb Rapid 7 after all (a MkI) . Really like the .22lr too, but variation for an HMR .17 going in end of June (the end of my six month watershed as an F.A.C. holder) ... Boys and toys eh ? Ha ha. Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Mk1 Rapid = excellent tool! I think the choice of a 17HMR over a 22lr is also a wise decision!

Hi Gareth, mark me down for three tickets please. Let me know when you what the money sent to you, regards Phil

Tickets

Please put me down for a ticket. I will canvas my club members for a few more. Do we have details of the venue?

Mike95

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    Please put me down for a ticket. I will canvas my club members for a few more. Do we have details of the venue?

Mike95
    Hi Mike, the venue is in the village of Gt.Baddow on the outskirts of Chelmsford (County Town of Essex). The booking is held for me until end of April when I either have to surrender the booking or pay the booking fee. If enough interest by then (which looks very much like there will be ), I will the pay the hire fee. Unfortunately however, as this is a commercially available venue (and very suitable indeed), I am not allowed to give specific details of it until paid for in full, so watch this space ... Atb: Gareth W-B.

Hi Gareth,
    John Watson (Pennineway) & myself would like to share a table please. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the day.

Roger
    Enjoyment of the present is denied to those who worry too much about the future.

use:- roger34@btinternet.com as E'mail

Quote Originally Posted by serowman View Post
    Hi Gareth,
    John Watson (Pennineway) & myself would like to share a table please. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the day.

Roger
    Hi Roger, one table (double) booked for you and John . Payment details etc at the end of April . Thanks Roger and say hi to John from me : Gareth.

hi can you put me down for 1 ticket please
    pm me with payment detail if you would be so kind

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by wayne pearce View Post
    hi can you put me down for 1 ticket please
    pm me with payment detail if you would be so kind

wayne
    ... Hi Wayne, will do and thanx for your support -- regarding payment etc, all will be revealed end of April . Atb: Gareth W-B.

airgun fayre

hi gareth!
    i'll take 4 tickets
    cheers dave
    (p.s. the osprey is shooting great)