Thread: BSA RB2 .25 Stutzen - Serial Numbers

BSA RB2 .25 Stutzen - Serial Numbers

Can anyone who has a BSA .25 RB2 Stutzen check the serial number on the left side of the barrel.
    According to Knibb's book, the serial number should begin with AWR, but both examples I know of so far begin with AWT.
    Whatever the end result, it's not going to alter the course of history, but it would be helpful to know.
    Has anyone got an instruction sheet as supplied with their .25 Stutzen, and if so, does it contain any reference to .25 parts ?

David,

I do not have a .25 Stutzen but looking at the Care & Maintenance Sheet for Airsporter RB2 it shows 177 as Prefix ZR, the 22 as Prefix WR so it might make sense that the 25 is Prefix WT. Maybe Mr Knibbo has got it wrong ?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    David,

Maybe Mr Knibbo has got it wrong ?

What do you mean MAYBE, he proberbly has

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    David,

I do not have a .25 Stutzen but looking at the Care & Maintenance Sheet for Airsporter RB2 it shows 177 as Prefix ZR, the 22 as Prefix WR so it might make sense that the 25 is Prefix WT. Maybe Mr Knibbo has got it wrong ?
    David,

I have the sheets for the .177/.22 RB2 and Stutzen models, but Would like to know if a .25 sheet exists, along with my quest for the serial number prefix letters.