Thread: Pistol identification

Pistol identification

When I was a nipper, I was given an air pistol by a neighbour. it was very shortly thereafter confiscated by my Mum!
    I wonder if from my description below anyone can help me to identify what it was?
    It had a wooden handgrip, which I think extended forward past the trigger guard
    It was an over-lever, which I think was secured with a sprung button at the rear of the action.
    The foresight was (I think!) a blade type with a circular protector over it.

I've googled for pictures of pistols but not found anything that looks like it!

Kingplinker Guest
    Anything like this

It could be any number of pistols I have sent you a link to view , you may find it in their ?

atvb

Dave

Sounds like a Zenit or the Diana copy of it.

dave you kingplonker.....overlever

The other one is a Falke 33 (also based on the Zenit pattern), as their is reference on that version to a button retaining the lever.

Dave also wood grip.

Could well be that Diana one, or possibly the Milbro Mk4 on the link you sent me Dave. (thanks for that)

As I suspect that it's buried under several tons of good old Yarmouth landfill by now (25 years on) I hope it wasn't especially valuable!

Kingplinker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    dave you kingplonker.....overlever
    The roads are safer without you

Sorry chaps pasted the wrong link , I meant to post this one

so yes I am still a plonker for that

Dave

Kingplinker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    The other one is a Falke 33 (also based on the Zenit pattern), as their is reference on that version to a button retaining the lever.

Dave also wood grip.
    Falke 33 is an underlever.

Yes, I realise now after seeing the picture - a description I had read of them implied that they were based on the Zenit pattern - my bad interpretation most likely

did it load via a knurled ring at the rear which you twisted to open the breech?

if so its a hy-score pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Yes, I realise now after seeing the picture - a description I had read of them implied that they were based on the Zenit pattern - my bad interpretation most likely
    I think that's right, the Falke pistols were based on the Zenit pattern, which predated them by almost 15 years. There are cosmetic and sight differences but the main one is that Falke changed the cocking lever from over to under. I don't know about internal differences but I'm guessing the Falke/Zenit/Diana/Milbro are similar inside too.