Thread: scorpion pistol

scorpion pistol

high im looking for the front and rear sights for the above if anyone have any for sale can you let me know.
    serial number is.
    rb 49411.
    cheers john..
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.single shot.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.10 shot.
    WEBLEY FX 2000..22.eight shot.
    FRANCHI semi auto.12 bore.
    B.S.A 4/10.
    and a few not worth mentioning..

If you don't have much luck on here you could try
    T W Chambers They have them Rear sight unit £18.00.Foresight unit £8.50.Good luck

another try
    cheers john.
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    B.S.A 4/10.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by nimrug View Post
    another try ... cheers john.
    Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    If you don't have much luck on here you could try T W Chambers They have the rear sight unit £18.00, foresight unit £8.50.
    ... Ditto .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

bsa scorpion pistol

high gareth you are a knowlegible man i hope on these pistols i have been on chambers and they haven't a rear sight for the mk 1, witch i think mine is, do you know if the mk 2 will fit mine as they have them and i dont want to but it if it will not fit.
    cheers john..
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    B.S.A 4/10.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrug View Post
    high gareth you are a knowlegible man i hope on these pistols i have been on chambers and they haven't a rear sight for the mk 1, witch i think mine is, do you know if the mk 2 will fit mine as they have them and i dont want to but it if it will not fit.
    cheers john..
    Hi again John. The rear sight on my Scorpion MkII is the same as the rear sight on my Mercury MkII and my last Superstar MkII, so as the MkII Scorpion was contemporary with the Superstar MkII and the Scorpion MkI with my Mercury MkII, I would best guess it will fit okay but to be safe, run it past one of the Collector's Corner Oracles such as I.J. and/or Troubledshooter just to be safe : Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Scorpion pistol tinkering.....

The Scorpion Mk2 Rear sight from Chambers will not fit a Mk1 without a little tinkering. But if you're not afraid to tinker then it can be made to work.

The Mk2 rear sight has the small sight alignment/stabilising "pin" underneath the sight in the "wrong" (for the Mk1) place, this can be ground off with a Dremmel so as to fit the cylinder correctly.

You then need to drill a small hole in the Mk2 sights plastic base, where there happens to be a little bit of plastic moulded in exactly the right spot for the Mk1's retaining pin (it appears the manufacturing process has this in perfect alignment for the Mk1, coincidence? may be and may be not), and glue in an alignment/stabilising "pin" so as to fit into the correct corresponding hole in the Mk1's cylider. The screw which retains the sight in place, fits in the same hole in each Mk's Cylinder.

I know this to work as I did it for my own Scorpion which was sans rear sight also. I actually drilled and tapped for an M3 threaded bolt after adding further support to the sights base with a metallised epoxy resin putty (B and Q for a £5 gets you a small stick of the stuff that will last you years), further secured with a tiny drop of Loctite just to make sure it didn't work loose and drop in the gubbins inside the pistol.

Et voilà, a Mk2 rear sight fitting on a Mk1 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    Et voilà, a Mk2 rear sight fitting on a Mk1 pistol
    Fine bit of fettling information there, thanks very much as that truly is useful (and interesting to know). So being visually similar a minor mod can make a MkII sight fit a MkI, and few would know the difference . Fantastic! God I love this section. Atb : Gareth W-B.

cheers for the info off all that will be very usefull.but if anyone have them for sale still be interested..
    cheers john..
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    B.S.A 4/10.