Thread: Diana Series 70 Model vs Gecado Model 35

willnot Guest

Diana Series 70 Model vs Gecado Model 35

Thru the 60's and 70's I grew up in South Africa with BSA's and Gecado's. I now have this Diana and would like to know if anyone out there and tell me firstly what the major differences between the Diana's and Gecado's are and secondly what the differences between this particular Diana Series 70 Model 79( Made in Great Britain )vs the Gecado Model 35 (made in Germany) are.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by willnot View Post
    Thru the 60's and 70's I grew up in South Africa with BSA's and Gecado's. I now have this Diana and would like to know if anyone out there and tell me firstly what the major differences between the Diana's and Gecado's are and secondly what the differences between this particular Diana Series 70 Model 79( Made in Great Britain )vs the Gecado Model 35 (made in Germany) are.
    Hi, and welcome to collectors corner . Am familiar with the Series 70 Mod.79 Milbro Diana, but to be honest, the Gecado Model 35 of which you speak is not known to me. See if you can post/host a couple of photos of each on this thread and am sure that I along with one of our German Gurus (Garvin and I.J. et al) will be able to help . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Welcome willnot.

Gecado was simply another one of the trade names used by Diana. The guns sold under the various names, Diana, Original, Gecado, RWS etc, were identical apart from the markings.

Sorry, I don't know about the S.70, mod. 79/Mod 35 differences. I expect I.J. could shed some light.

"German Gurus" Gareth? Strewth.

Has GARVIN has already stated Gecado was another trade name for Mayer & Grammelspacher (Dianawerk) so its an Original 35. Very nice.

The Diana Model 79 (deluxe 78) is a Milbro (Motherwell, Scotland, ) Diana made in the late 70's early 80's. A total different kettle of fish with regards to build quality I.M.O.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The Diana Model 79 (deluxe 78) is a Milbro (Motherwell, Scotland, ) Diana made in the late 70's early 80's. A total different kettle of fish with regards to build quality I.M.O.
    Big fan of Milbro's me, but compared with a Diana 35 variant, what I.J. says is spot on, as the D-35 is a wonderfully well made rifle .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.