Thread: BSA L Pattern

BSA L Pattern

Stripped my L pattern today for the first time to give the internals a it of a lube and now have a question to ask. The mainspring was 6.5 inches long and looked like it had been cut down. Can anyone tell me the correct length for the mainspring for one of these. It actually shoots very well with this spring I was getting 1/2 groups at 10 metres in the back garden standing with the pellets competely flattening themselves against the steel backplate in my pellet trap.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Stripped my L pattern today for the first time to give the internals a it of a lube and now have a question to ask. The mainspring was 6.5 inches long and looked like it had been cut down. Can anyone tell me the correct length for the mainspring for one of these. It actually shoots very well with this spring I was getting 1/2 groups at 10 metres in the back garden standing with the pellets competely flattening themselves against the steel backplate in my pellet trap.
    An old Guns Review article I have says the open length of an L pattern spring was 7.75 inches long.

BSA L Pattern

Thanks for the info Garvin, looks like someones lopped just over an inch off the spring to make it easier to cock.