Thread: Is this the future !

Is this the future !

I have just had a couple of bid,s on " That Auction Site "
    The Item in Question, Was for the Woodwork only for a sharp Innova , ?The wood only + post came to OVER £50 !!!!

What do you think, Cheer,s

Hi gedfinn!

[
    I]Is this the future !

The Item in Question, Was for the Woodwork only for a sharp Innova , ?The wood only + post came to OVER £50 !!!!

What do you think, Cheer,s[/I]
    I believe it may be, I was bidding on various Webley MK 3 spares on said auction site, and a loading tap assembly realised over £30 plus p&p- I myself paid £7.50 for a rusty trigger guard for the same rifle!

I suppose, as with any commodity, it really comes down to want some one is willing to pay

Perhaps stripping guns and selling spares is the way to go?

Hi Guys
    I tried that, "Perhaps stripping guns and selling spares is the way to go?", on motorbikes, could not face destroying the bike so ended up rebulding a selling as a complete bike. Guess the same would happen with air guns, buy one to strip and sell as spares, then rebuls and sell on most probably at aloss
    Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post

What do you think, Cheer,s

I have to agree
    Although I have been registered for some time on that auction site,I have only just started bidding for items. I have been outbid for everything except for a nice old Webley pellet tin (and a set of MX5 wheels)

Like you I am surprised at how much some old spares and airgun memorabilia go for these days,there certainly are quite a few collectors arround. On the other hand, yesterday I went to an arms fair and bought an almost full blue rectangular tin of .177 webley pellets for £10 and a superb very early Cadet Major stock for £12 (with trigger guard) without haggling.
    I am sure that these 2 items may have fetched almost double that on the auction site. So I suppose it pays to shop arround.
    The cheapest source I have found for spares for old airguns is still old established gunsmiths who have boxes of bits and treasure 'out the back' or 'in the attic'.These bits are often not cataloged/priced and are sold very cheap. Sometimes the gunsmith has forgotten what the part is and what gun it is for and is grateful to get rid of it for a few pounds or less.
    John
    hold me back !!