Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsporter model?

are they worth much in the current condition? and do you think its worth cleaning up

it does say on the barrel that it is .22

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    According to Hiller, GI prefix were Mark 2 (.22 calibre) up to GI 15028 and Mark 4 above GI 15028. Mark 4 and later models had recoil pads according to illustrations in Hiller. So unless the recoil pad is missing, removed, it would appear to be a model earlier than Mark 4.
    The more observant of you may have noticed that the Mark 3 appears to be missing above, there is no reference to a Mark 3 in Hillers book. which makes me wonder if the GI prefix up to 15028 was Mark 3?
    According to Hiller Mark 2 was produced from 1959 to 1971 using prefixes GD,GE,GF,GG,GI. A very long time.
    Anybody any comments or certain knowledge on the above?
    i think the recoil pad came with the cheekpeice and in this instance has been taken off at some point (looks like it should have one) are there two holes at the back

there are two holes and the wood is clean and looks like sumthing has been on the back.

the recoil pad is missing on this gun seems to be confusing a few people screw holes are there

airsporter?

I have a mk6 and on mine the forend is solid in front of the cocking lever,the one in the photo seems to have the open forend,does this help

My Airsporters serial number begins with GA 3*####* and i was told that it is a 1955/56 Mk1.

Your Airsporter looks very similar to mine but there are differences.
    On mine, the Forend stock is rebated along its side and the Butt section is plain, without any definition.
    Mine also has a simple Thumb-wheel rear site situated above the Loading Tap.

Hope this is of some help.

I thought mine is a 5, as number shown GI 103 - TUNING FORK TYPE STOCK - square front not as attractive as the rounded stock.
    Am I CORRECT lad's?????