Thread: PREDOM-LUCZNIK - Opinions etc..

PREDOM-LUCZNIK - Opinions etc..

What's the general consensus on this pistol from current/previous owners?

What year did they go out of production?

I take it, its a copy of the Walther - Bond poster one?

What's the going price for a minter boxed etc...?

How do they compare with the Walther?

Easy to work on/parts available?

Just curious really guy's..

predom v LP53

Hi Johnpaul
    The Walther LP53 is one of my favorite pistols but the 2 pistols are chalk and cheese IMO. The Predom does however have a following possibly because it looks nice and is cheaper to buy than the LP53
    The downside to the Predom as a shooting gun is the very stiff trigger pull
    I will e-mail you a link that compares the 2 pistols
    I will also try and post it on here
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/39338...uot%3B+details.....

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 25-02-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    hold me back !!

Ahhhh... Just found this http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...+Review,+1975+.....

Is above the link?

Yes, always wanted the Walther and turned down the chance some yrs back of one from Richards in Liverpool, boxed mint for £100, I could kick myself for not getting it at the time.

Still the Predom appears okay wish I could get one for 23 quid...

Kingplinker Guest
    Agree with the above , the trigger on the Predom actually hurts your finger over prolonged use . Saying that I really like them but if I got another I would have to adapt a trigger shoe for it .

atvb

Dave

Mmmmm.. If the trigger is that bad you've put me off.... Could it be tweaked me wonders???

Predom trigger

Hi again
    I have a shooting friend who recently stripped his LP53 to improve the trigger
    The pull weight was just over 700 grams (and quite frankly was pretty good)
    After very carefully polishing the sear contact areas, it came down to a very predictable 500 grams and he is very pleased with it.
    However he does have experience of such mods and has learnt lessons like most of us the hard way ie. if you are not careful, the trigger/sear can be wrecked!

On some pistols/rifles this is no big deal as spare sears are pretty cheap(eg the Tempest)
    However I am not sure if trigger parts/spares are still available for the Predom and if the sears are only case hardened, then you would have to be very careful not to overdo it. To be honest though, if I ever bought a Predom I would have to do something to improve that trigger
    john
    hold me back !!

They go for unbelievable prices on egun.de these days ..... http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1683616

Don`t let the trigger .... which is a bit stiff ..... put you off. They`re still a great collectable fun air pistol .... I`ll never part with mine

I've got a Predom and an LP53.

If you shoot the two side by side, how shall I put this, you'll get an idea why German engineering is famous, and Polish engineering...isn't.

That said if you treat it as an air pistol in its own right and not an LP53 clone its fine. As others have noted the trigger is the worst feature.

I have a bag full of one (Predom) in bits. Its new and, I think, complete.
    Anyone interested?

Kingplinker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bolted View Post
    I have a bag full of one (Predom) in bits. Its new and, I think, complete.
    Anyone interested?
    Yeah

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!
    I bought my Predom from a long closed shop in Cambridge that also had the Walther, and which I could not afford at the time. This was 1978. Since then I have put huge amounts of pellets through the thing, and it is still working well on the original washer and springs. Its crudely finished compared with the Walther, but the finish has lasted and it all still looks as good as it ever did. The trigger is not like a match pistol, but is not that bad in my example anyway. It is predictable if heavy and its easy to get used to. Its as accurate as say a Webley Senior or Junior, of which I have also had a few. Unlike those, the spring does not give up after a few months either! I think I would have to say that while its performance is just that of an ordinary pistol, not a match type like the Walther, it has been the best money I ever spent on any air pistol. Its still doing what it did the day it was bought new, it has never gone wrong or broken any parts. It has done far more work than any other gun I have owned, by a huge factor. I thought it would be a temporary addition and I would soon tire of it, but it has not turned out that way. I suspect I will not live long enough to wear the thing out! So be careful if you get hold of one, you may have started something that will become a challenge.
    David.
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!