Thread: Grant Aid/Funding for Shooting Clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grant Aid/Funding for Shooting Clubs

Last year I spoke to a gentleman who had applied for a number of grants to develope/improve shooting facilities for his club and county.
    He told me that all his applications had been successful.

I was therefore encouraged to apply for a grant from the Awards for All Lottery funding body for almost £10000 (which is the maximum they give)

I have now been informed that the application was successful and our club has received the full amount into our bank account

The money will build us a new outdoor 50 metre range for 3P and prone rimfire shooting which will also free up our existing old 50 yard range for air rifle shooting.

The club is Leics. and District S.B.R.P. Club which includes the Dowry Hill Field Target Section of membership.

Most of this money will allow us to build 7 ft high concrete safety walls between the various ranges. This funding does not have to be matched by the club, although members will be involved in construction of the target frames/butts/access gates etc.

So the funding is there to improve facilities for your club members. If you have a new project in mind then see guidance notes on www.awardsforall.org.uk
    John
    hold me back !!

WOW!!!
    Thats great news, well done John, wonderful that the Lottery is giving money to support the sport.

Nice work.
    see you later today.
    cheers
    graeme
    Last edited by pollythedog; 12-03-2008 at 01:02 PM.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Fantastic - What a brilliant result.

Well done for spotting the opportunity and - most important - following it through.

I shall have to keep a note of your success in case we (Swallows FTC down in sunny Sussex) 'have a go', and seek your advice on how you did it.

Well done again John

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Thumbs up Grant Aid for shooting

Well done John,bril result in an age when shooting seems to be getting a bit of a kicking.
    Best Regards & good luck with the project,Peter

Further funding

I recently made another application for funding that would pay for a local Scout group to use one of our shooting ranges one night a week for 10 weeks to learn about air rifle target shooting.
    The funding is from a government initiative called Extending Activities and pays £38/youngster to the club for a 10-12 week session

We have been told the application has been successful and although the initial grant/sum is only £380, we have been asked by the funding management team to adopt a rolling programme of 3 x 12 week sessions/year to cover all scouts in the area, so the application is worth about £1200/year.

The spin-offs are that the initiative should help create interest in shooting and it is hoped that some of the scouts (and perhaps their parents) will continue to shoot, join the club and take up competitive target shooting (paper or FT)

I have also been informed that more lottery money will be available as from January in the form of grants to a maximum of £5000/project
    As with the 'Awards for All' grant, the club making the application does not have to contribute financially towards the project
    hold me back !!

Further funding

duplicate removed
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 26-01-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: duplicate
    hold me back !!

Some great ideas, John. I will discuss them with the comittee at Sutton Coldfield with a view to improving our facilites (new loos and a new kitchen would be our priority). Many thanks, Charlie

Well done to all involved. Excellent!

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.