Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 10-12-14 Bore M/loader

Thumbs up Wanted 10-12-14 Bore M/loader

Hi every one new to this site been shooting for many years, would like to get into muzzle loader,s has any won got a d/barrel for sale just a cheepie to start with then maybe later I can move on to a better gun. I would like a 10 bore or 12 or 14!! MANY THANKS.

Tricky. I only know one repro 12 gauge, a limited edition over under percussion which is becoming sought after, so you are probably talking antique. Most 12 gauge doubles fall in to the category of 'Belgian clunker made for the American market'. I will shoot most anything muzzle loading but I've never wanted to shoot one of those.

In England twelve gauge didn't become popular until live pigeon shooting and was soon superceded by cartridge so they aren't common, they are expensive.

You might get lucky. If you lowered your sights to a 16 gauge, Birmingham gun you wouldn't need so much luck. Singles are common and real cheap.

For clays, 12g rules. I gave up looking for an English double and bought a pristine Austrian 13g. Quality gun and a snip at £1350. I grabbed it so fast there were some fingers still attached to it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Navy Arms?

I think the Navy Arms company still makes a 12 gauge percussion side-by-side. Someone was offering one for sale on the BBS, just a week or so ago.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Looked at their website, couldn't find it. Has it been discontinued?

http://www.navyarms.com/

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Hmmm....

You're right, they don't seem to have any shotguns listed.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Double Barrel 13 bore - Durs Egg - 1820's

I have a very sweet Durs Egg 13 bore double barrelled shotgun.

Grade 'A' timber and very nice damascus barrels. It shoots well and handles just as an Egg should, after all, this man taught Purdey how to make shotguns.

Just £ 2000.00 will buy it. I need a new target rifle and this will help.

Pics available.

PB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonbasher View Post
    Pics available.
    Pics please

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Pedersoli did a double 12 it was my first half decent muzzleloader but i offloaded it as it was very light.
    I now use a Navy arms double 12, its barrels are much better made than the pedersoli and it is noticeably heavier and can take heavy loads. it wears a fibreglass tent pole ramrod and is a good strong gun, plus i do not worry about getting it muddy or wet!

Cheap One For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 3xspringer View Post
    Hi every one new to this site been shooting for many years, would like to get into muzzle loader,s has any won got a d/barrel for sale just a cheepie to start with then maybe later I can move on to a better gun. I would like a 10 bore or 12 or 14!! MANY THANKS.
    any one got a CHEAP ONE FOR SALE.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xspringer View Post
    any one got a CHEAP ONE FOR SALE.
    How about a 17 gauge, London proofs, nice figure in the wood, no name with a problem. You can have it for what it cost me, £225

The problem being after I'd shot it for a year or so the barrels came apart and I made a half arsed job soldering them back together. Got a blow lamp?

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonbasher View Post
    I have a very sweet Durs Egg 13 bore double barrelled shotgun.
    Come on PB, need pics, some of us collect Egg don'cha'know

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post
    How about a 17 gauge, London proofs, nice figure in the wood, no name with a problem. You can have it for what it cost me, £225

The problem being after I'd shot it for a year or so the barrels came apart and I made a half arsed job soldering them back together. Got a blow lamp?
    would not know where to start

Thumbs up pedersoli 11 bore

Hi all sorted now got a 11 bore pedersoli, That will do for start. 3X shots 3x rabbits first time out with it.

Running or sitting?

rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post
    Running or sitting?
    ME or the Rabbits 2 running 1 sitting