Thread: Sorry but Price advice please:Venom

Sorry but Price advice please:Venom

Firstly i'm sorry to ask this question and i've never asked one like it before but i really dont know what this rifle is worth.

This is an almost identical description to the one on the advert when i swapped my previous MFR for it:

I have Webley Venom Sidewinder Compact which i believe is based on the Webley Longbow. It has a gold plated trigger guard & trigger and is .177 calibre. It shoots very very accurate and has been fully serviced with all the paper work from V-mach. It is fitted with sling studs and the stock is walnut tigers-stripe (ambi ) this gun is immaculate no scratches nor dents.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. i dont know how to post pics but i'm going to get a friend to show me soon. (sorry) Thanks for looking. Dave

a venom custom long bow sweet
    i would price it like this
    where can i get one? cant
    are they collectable ? its a venom

so will have to look at the nearest thing
    the price of a new turkish longbow
    walnut longbow £300
    v-mach kit fitted £105
    v silencer £50
    v- blueing pounds (says ask on sheet)
    venom stock where can you get one of these you cant
    birmingham priceless cant buy em anymore

so looking at the above a new one not in the class of the old would be £450 and that does not include the blueing and the heritage

its one thing saying i have a turkish longbow modified by v-mach

and another to say i have a venom custom longbow

venoms are the dogs every one would like one in there gun cabinet

and personally the longbow was the pick of the bunch so light and usable

so after all this i would say £450 if it has the rich blueing and a good stock

if you have a bag differant kettle the last one on the flea sold for £78

also the last gold cover and trigger £55 people cant buy the bling anymore
    Last edited by psycho; 14-04-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks alot Psycho, that gives me a good idea of what to put it up for. It does say on the rifle, WEBLEY AND SCOTT, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND. i do have the bag but i'd keep that as i also have a venom 77k that i am keeping. The blueing is very deep, the stock is a lovely tiger stripe walnut and it has an adjustable butt pad on it.
    Thanks very much for your help mate.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I may be wrong but I thought they had the standard style webley Longbow walnut stocks on them but just a bit better grade, which in theory wouldn't make them a "Venom stock", I saw a few of these in the shops when they were first brought out and to be honest the stocks didn't look much better quality than the standard walnut Longbows or I may have seen a bit of a "Bland" batch, still a damn fine rifle though, although it's a Sidewinder there are a few around and they are not a "Rarity" yet, give it a few years and they will be, another factor to consider is although the new "Webley's" are not that brilliant at the moment IF they get their act together and start producing better quality rifles, then the old Brummy rifles will not really be so sort after because the old style quality may well be back and that's all people are conserned about, if you look at the quality and the new style of stocks being fitted to the new rifles then as soon as the blueing, build quality and finish catches up then they will be on a par with the old stuff.

But hey I may be wrong.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hiya Pete, thanks for the input. i think you are right about the stock. i wouldnt call mine a 'venom' stock. it is however a gorgeous ambidextrous tiger stripe stock. here is a shameless link to the advert i responded to when i got it. the original ad has the pics on it and i dont know how to post them you see.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ght=sidewinder

Thanks again for your reply.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    I've shot this and it is SWEET
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu