Thread: importing airguns

importing airguns

Hi Folks Just Wondering If Any Of You Could Help Me. Iam Thinking Of Importing A Couple Of Pump Ups From The States The Place Who I Contacted Have No Probs Sending Them But Need I Need To Check The Laws For This Country And Customs Ect Ect.
    Atb John.

as long as there under 12ftpds and recognised as such by customs there should not be a problem, only problem is if its a adult usa pump up it probably wont be
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

Thumbs up

i just imported 3 sheridans from the states 2 silver streaks and one blue streak all full power and brand new. as they say its not what you know its who you know. most people and companys in the us wont ship sheridan rifles or repair kits to the uk as pyrymid will comfirm if you ask them. as screwdriver said if customs get a smell of a sheridan or anything over the limit you lose it, good luck if you decide to proceed.

Exclamation

You must check that these rifles cannot be uprated easily and become firearms as they will be considered as such at port of entry.

Your name, address and other records may well be shared with SOCA by HMRC and you will certainly generate a flag for yourself on NFLMS, which may cause you problems with any grant or renewal of certificates.

Bear in mind that there is a big push for the minimum sentence of 5 years to be put on the importation of illegal firearms, not a good place to be if you just want a plinker/hunter!

Some will say 'we're not the bad guys', that may be so but the moment we try to bend and break the law to suit our desires, enforcement organisations see you simply as another crime statistic that is easy to prosecute.

You could do a lot worse than calling HMRC and clarifying the situation.
    OMS Raider
    "Don't knock; drive through the front door, and keep firing!"

i think our nice government has all our name addreses and a whole lot more on record than we would like them to have in fact you cant even go to the loo now without them knowing. the pump up guns this guy wants to import are over the limit anyway before even trying to import so really doubt if he would receive them. importing sheridans from the us is doubtfull anyway and i know you would have a very hard time finding a shop/warehouse call it what you will that will ship sheridan to the uk. even the repair kits for these guns they dont want to know. ths bad guys are out there but they just love to pick on the good guys, why ? because we are easy meat, no wonder people are leaving the uk in their droves. have a nice day folks.