Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May's Results for UBC Pistol Competition

Ok are we all happy now

Thanks Paddy the Peace-Maker.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Ok are we all happy now

Thanks Paddy the Peace-Maker.
    Funny you should you say that.

I own one of those
    http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Pistols009.jpg

BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    He's within 7 points of the next highest placed guy with a SSP for chissakes!
    no complaint's about that(pat on the back to snooper for achieving it) and well done to Pad for taking the time to set it up but its fair to split recoiling and recoilless into seperate classes so we all get to compete with similar types of pistol.

i'll leave that decision up to Pad

Ok the sheet has been split, everyone now has a better position, can we just get on with enjoying the shooting now.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Nice Peace Maker Paddy.

thats not pad.e's peacemaker........its not camo'd

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    thats not pad.e's peacemaker........its not camo'd
    Oh yes it is

I don't camo everything.

Just most things

like this pistol
    http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Pistols006.jpg
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well, I'm quite chuffed.

Being a newbie to pistols, I've really enjoyed this - Congratulations John, brilliant scores fella. Well done everyone else, Bloody sight harder than it looks....

Waiting to pick up my Gamo p800 to enter the springer side now...
    (and a PPK , so my collections growing...)

Russ.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

First of all thanks to Pad. E for organising and scoring the comp and well done Snooper601 for winning the first round, well done also to Andy_J for scoring so high with a .22, Good Shooting.

I also have to admit to having shot and competed with pistols in the past.

As to the categories, It is quite normal at club level to have springers and single stroke or pump up single shot pistols in the same competition. It does however become a completely different story when you include Gas Powered Pistols, including PCPs, particularly the multishots.

Glad to see everyone is having fun, I'm now off to sort out the plonker across the road who kept revving up his little two stroke sewing machine while I was trying to do serious stuff. It must have cost me at least ... Oh about 3 points.

For those using Gamo Compacts, did you know that the Compact has a built in dry firing capability, just cock the action about 1/3 to 1/2 way and you will hear a small click, then close and lock the upper body, the trigger mech is now cocked although the cylinder is not charged therefore allowing dry firing practise.

ATB

Pete
    Plot ?... What Plot ?... I thought you had it !!
    Good Deals with Good Folks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Great Competition!

Thanks to Pad. E. for organizing this competition, and congratulations to Snooper for winning this month's!

While I agree that ultimately the equipment used is less important than the shooter, still...I'm thinking that my next pistol should be a Gamo Compact!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

might ask my lady if i can have a target pistol for my birthday

ooooh looking at the scores i should probably start practising

Enjoyed it and its a good platform to start from

Cheers to pad.E for organising it

AirArmsDavid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    .....its fair to split recoiling and recoilless into seperate classes so we all get to compete with similar types of pistol.
    Quite right... HW45's are far more powerful than my Nemesis and thus more accurate!

But seriously, this gives me a reason to shoot my pistol - only ever torn up empty pop cans before!

Who knows I may even get better at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Thanks to Pad. E. for organizing this competition, and congratulations to Snooper for winning this month's! While I agree that ultimately the equipment used is less important than the shooter, still...I'm thinking that my next pistol should be a Gamo Compact! Jim
    nothing wrong with the P3 Jim, stick with it fella, practice makes perfect, so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    nothing wrong with the P3 Jim, stick with it fella, practice makes perfect, so they say.
    plenty wrong with my beeman..bent valve stem

if my lady buys me a pistol for my birthday,i'll repair the beeman then auction it off(with permission of admin) with all proceeds going to help for heroes.