Thread: Pistol??? Help please...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pistol??? Help please...

Had a quiet interest in owning a pistol for some time, not sure why but it won't go away. Best do something about it then. Done a little research and found Weihrauch 45 or maybe 40 and BSA 240 mag are good things. Want to do some rats and possibly HFT. Seen a 45 silver star-cor. So what to go for. Any advice welcome. Cheers Christy...

Talking

Hi, I an only speak on the Weihrauch 45, I've got one in .22 running at 5ftlb. Although I don't do any hunting I'm sure at close range it would send a small mammal to the promised land. With the 177 barrel fitted it's about 4ftlb ish. Maybe a Co2 single shot would suit your needs. I beleive some of these run to the top end of power, good luck in your search

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    hi i have both a bsa magnum 240 and weihrauch 45, both are good but the 45 is the one for rats, also the build quality is better.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Be very careful guys!

Read the stickys about this section, mentioning hunting with pistols is a BIG NO NO!

Your thread and accounts may be forefit

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

The 45 isn't the supergun that some reckon it to be, it's well-made, but ugly, shoots well but for me, personally, it's just not that much fun to shoot, I don't find shooting a tight group with the 45 anywhere near as satisfying or enjoyable as a good session target shooting and plinking with my Webley Tempest. I'd choose a BSA Scorpion, Webley Tempest, BSA 240 Magnum, Cometa Indian, any time over the 45. It is powerful, but not as powerful as people seem to think, I have seen a bunch of these over the years and have never seen one doing more than around 4.5 foot/pounds, they have to be running on the oily side and deisel a bit to get above that, then even so, I have seen BSA Scorpions running more powerful, with more consistency and sweet to shoot. Maybe it's just personal taste but I have never really taken to my HW45, if it hadn't been left to me in somebody's will I would have sold it before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    The 45 isn't the supergun that some reckon it to be, it's well-made, but ugly, shoots well but for me, personally, it's just not that much fun to shoot, I don't find shooting a tight group with the 45 anywhere near as satisfying or enjoyable as a good session target shooting and plinking with my Webley Tempest. I'd choose a BSA Scorpion, Webley Tempest, BSA 240 Magnum, Cometa Indian, any time over the 45. It is powerful, but not as powerful as people seem to think, I have seen a bunch of these over the years and have never seen one doing more than around 4.5 foot/pounds, they have to be running on the oily side and deisel a bit to get above that, then even so, I have seen BSA Scorpions running more powerful, with more consistency and sweet to shoot. Maybe it's just personal taste but I have never really taken to my HW45, if it hadn't been left to me in somebody's will I would have sold it before now.

I have to agree with Rob here....the 45 I had was a nice pistol with 2 barrels but I couldn't take to it and that's why I sold it.
    For a springer I much prefer shooting my HW70 or my Mod 6 at the moment....
    It's all a matter of taste though...some folks love 'em!!
    Eric.

pistol query

Many thanks chaps for all this info especially the review posted by TCooper...all much appreciated cheers.