Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun Fayre/Classic airgun shoot

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    With regard to payment Paddy, let us wait the 2 weeks and then if I have sufficient sellers, I will contact you all to arrange payment.

ATBest
    John
    OK mate, that's fine by me!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

This is a great idea and if it goes ahead I am sure my daughter and I will be along to shoot (with various rifles) and look at buying. But we have nothing to sell that would warrant a table. So maybe a table selling items on behalf of someone else is a good idea.
    Cheers, Phil

Trade participation

To make an event like this viable there has to be stalls selling their wares. We are the victims of our own hobby as not many people who read the collectable airguns section are willing to have a stall selling what amounts to the acquisitions of many years, guns or spares and accessories. In other words we all want to buy not sell! I see no alternative to involving trade stalls. You would only need an RFD if you were selling items restricted by the VCR act by way of trade (definition of which is selling items bought for the purpose of trade, ie to make a profit). RFDs and others regularly attend Game Fairs etc and seem to have no problem obtaining the necessary documentation. If a Gunsmith or Gunshop had a stall selling what was to them obsolete spares which they couldn't sell in a month of Sundays unless it was on a well known auction site, because nobody knows they have them, providing the spare parts were not VCR items, why would they need any documentation? The VCR act has been interpreted in many different ways; some Internet sites will no longer advertise air guns for sale, although this does not seem to be illegal, some will but stress the sale must be at their premises. Some dealers require photo id, some are happy with a utility bill, ie something with name and address on. I presume they are all being advised by their local Police Firearms Dept. The organiser of this event can ask for clarification in writing (always best) on trade stalls from the local police Fireams Dept. if they say NO its a no no, end of subject.

sellers wanted

Up to the top
    Please contact me if you would like to hire a table on the day to sell airguns or related items
    John
    hold me back !!

Hi

This sounds a good event to try.

I have not done it before but I am sure I could put enough stuff together to make a stall.

hire a table

Quote Originally Posted by covert op View Post
    Hi

This sounds a good event to try.

I have not done it before but I am sure I could put enough stuff together to make a stall.
    Many thanks
    If I get the response that I am after, then I will be in touch (about a week from now)
    John
    hold me back !!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Come on chaps - we lost the chance of Gareth's event due to a lack of committment - please don't let this second chance slip by...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Bump

I have now sold 3 tables

Are there perhaps a number of enthusiasts from a shooting club, who would like to come, hire a table between them to sell their own spares/guns etc and also perhaps sell items belonging to their shooting club or other members from their club?

john
    hold me back !!

try again

Still looking for sellers chaps
    John
    hold me back !!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Still looking for sellers chaps
    John
    John, what I did (although didn't generate any interest so don't know why I am potentially wasting your time ) was go on to the BFTA and HFT web sites and sent info e-mails to all the AR clubs who had an e-addy registered asking the recipient to inform their respective club members of the planned event. I also put flyers in most RFDs in my area, and asked TD to tell folk on his travels too (couldn't afford a paid trade ad in the comics as is oh so expensive ). Just a few ideas, hope they help . Atvb and my empathy is with you: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    John, what I did (although didn't generate any interest so don't know why I am potentially wasting your time ) was go on to the BFTA and HFT web sites and sent info e-mails to all the AR clubs who had an e-addy registered asking the recipient to inform their respective club members of the planned event. I also put flyers in most RFDs in my area, and asked TD to tell folk on his travels too (couldn't afford a paid trade ad in the comics as is oh so expensive ). Just a few ideas, hope they help . Atvb and my empathy is with you: Gareth.
    Hi Gareth
    Thanks for that
    I have contacted the BTFA and given them details of the proposed event and i will also pass the info on to the HFT clubs . I guess though, that their commitments/regular shoots in the summer leave very few spare weekends

I was thinking of including a HFT shoot at the event to broaden its appeal. We do have several acres of superb woodland and already hold 3 FT events/year in these woods.

However, this would double the work load and I doubt our FT guys could help as they have their leagues to shoot in on weekends.
    I also think, that event would become more of a HFT shoot than an Arms Fayre and this is not what I want.

Unfortunately it would appear that FT and HFT are much more appealing to shooters than our hobby of collecting. But I will keep trying
    Thanks for your support
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Hi

have you had any more takers for tables?

Put me down for half a table, I don't have much at all to sell but it would be worth it to me if it helps the event go ahead!

Cheers

come on lads,

are we going to make a go of this?

I have collected quite a few bits and would sell them really cheap at an event like this

This is a chance of a one off, but there does seem to be a lack of interest

latest info

The table hire situation is improving we are nearly there

I want this to be a Fayre mainly about older guns, but obviously any airguns and spares or equipment associated with our hobby can be sold on the day as long as we comply with Firearms legislation

Our club is insured for archery as well as airguns and we will also put on an archery competition on the day(mainly for beginners to taste the sport of long bow or recurve)

Hence if anyone wants to hire a table or half table for the sale of archery [U]equipment, this is fine, just post on here. I have noticed that quite a few airgun enthusiasts also do archery

The' bring and buy' shared table/tables can include guns, gun spares,books, shooting clothing/boots, archery gear, walking sticks, in fact virtually anything useful to the airgun collector or shooter/archer or angler
    Commission on sales (only from this table) will be: £1 for items up to £10
    10% for items over £10 and under £100
    and £10 fixed price for anything over £100

The charge for a table (£24)/half table (£12) for selling your own or your clubs items, includes a free entry to a shooting competition and also includes the club green fees( normally £4)

At present, the guys who have committed themselves to rent tables are:

Paddy SP full table *
    Covert op full table *
    CRX full table
    Serowman half table
    Rob M half table
    Phil/Stan full table *
    El Maipino half table
    Rockphoon half table *
    Myself half table
    Ian W (Jubilee) half table
    Pete D half table

In addition I have had enquires for the sale of bring and buy items from a few people

So come on fellas, remember that when you hire a half table for £12 this includes the £4 green fee and free tea coffee and entry to a shooting comp.

For the non competitive types on here, let me just say that the competitions will be designed to have fun and will not be too serious - honest

The long range event should also once and for all settle the question of just how accurate some of our old classics were/are and which were the best
    The long range shoot (50 yards)will be split into pre war and post war classes

Sighting cards will be allowed and provided by the club

We are getting there, go on, just agree to come and sell

All proceeds will go to improving our ranges

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 30-06-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: another table sold changes to text in redUpdate
    hold me back !!