Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Fayre/Classic airgun shoot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun Fayre/Classic airgun shoot

Date of Event - 14 September

UPDATE - (9.9.08) Start time 9.30-10 am. would be a good time to arrive and set up.

Selling and shooting can then start at 10.30 which is not too early for those who have quite far to travel

UPDATE - (5.8.2008) Link for flyer Airgun Fayre flier (http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c.../FlyerJPEG.jpg)

(IMPORTANT - Click on image to zoom in, it's much easier to read!!)

UPDATE (10/08/2008) - Map (http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...geLocation.jpg)

Below in green, is a post that I put on Gareths thread regarding the possibility of running an Airgun Fayre/Shooting Comp at my local club near Leicester

The latest information from the Leics. Firearms Department is that, people attending can hire a table for the day to sell airguns(below the legal energy limits) and spares/memorabilia, if they have not done this in the past on a regular basis.
    Otherwise a dealers certificate would be required to sell on the day

I need 2 pieces of information at this stage
    INFORMATION REQUIRED:

1 Taking into consideration the above restriction/requirement, could anyone who feels that they may wish to hire a table for the day to sell airguns/spares please post an interest on this thread and advise which size table(for date please see 2)

The cost would be:

£24** for a full size table (approx 3 ftx7ft)

£12** for a half table.

**This charge would include the £4 green fee and also include an entry to a 20 yard shooting competition (with vintage gun/open sights)

2 It is hoped that the Fayre would take place on a Sunday in early September. Can anyone advise whether there are any Game Fairs or similar on a weekend in early September

DATE FOR EVENT IS I4 SEPTEMBER

Many thanks
    John

[COLOR="Lime"]About a year ago, I gave some thought about running a shooting competition at my club near Leics. (just off M1)for older airguns, pre and post war, with the emphasis on open sight competitions up to and including 50 yards.

There was some interest, but not sufficient to disrupt the clubs Sunday shooting activities by tying up the ranges for the day

However, since hearing from Gareth about the cancellation of his Arms Fayre, I have given consideration to running the competions in conjunction with a Arms fair for airguns on our club ranges

Gareth and myself have already discussed this via pms and taking Gareth's advice, the ball is now in my court to get clearance for the 'sales side' of things with Leics. Police Firearms Dept. (with whom we have good relations)

The Clubs Captain and Treasurer have already given their blessing and the occasion would hopefully raise sufficient funds for us to top soil and seed our new 50 metre rimfire range(due for completion in August)

We have numerous ranges , indoor and outdoor and our 100 yard range could also field an archery competition/fun shoot on the day

I hope to get agreement from Leics Police over the next week or two, and from other Committee members who will have an input

We have a number of tables for sales of guns/parts; we have adequate toilet facilities but limited kitchen facilities due to no running water. Our water supplies are from rainwater from roofs of our ranges/ storage tanks/pumping equipment.
    We could cater for camping and BBQ's and there is a Chippy just down the road

If the Police say Ok then i will update on a new thread and make enquiries re. who wants to come

Price-wise, I will keep things as cheap as I can and obviously let you know ASAP
    Date-wise, the event would be on a Sunday - early/mid September and this date will be published very soon

It would be a splendid occasion if many of those attending would compete in the competitions as well as buying/selling. These competitions will be geared to beginners and low tech older guns as well as to the more experienced shooters. A 20 yard spring pistol shoot would be included. Entry fees would be low to encourage people to have a go

We could even have a Field Target Shoot (max range say 35 yards) with the targets clearly visible - Open Sights.
    But what i will need are club members to commit themselves to help on the day. So please leave it with me and i will do my best
    john[/CO
    LOR]
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 09-09-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: update added
    hold me back !!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Good call John, hope you have better luck than I did, and if all goes to plan I look forward to meeting you in person on the day (should be a great day out ). Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I may be interested in a full-size table...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

John, as mentioned on a previous post, Weston park is on in September, but not too sure of the date. Could be around the middle of the month. Atb.

Midland Game Fair is 20th & 21st Sept 2008 at Weston Park.

Best of luck with the Airgun Fayre, I would hope to attend, but not as a stall holder. ( It's a little nearer than Gareth's)

Proposed date

The proposed date for this Fayre/Shoot is Sunday 14 September

However, for the Fayre/Shoot to go ahead I now need sufficient sellers to attract the buyers

Although the costs of running an event like this are low, the event will tie up the ranges for the day and require some of our members to give up a day of their time to help run the shooting ranges. However I am sure I can convince sufficient members to help, if they can see that it will be in the interests of the club. The intention is to use funds raised to help complete our new 50 metre range that is under construction

The charges for hiring tables are shown earlier in the thread and tables can be shared to reduce costs even further

For those attending to buy/shoot, there will be a £5 charge which will include/cover:

Club green fee normally £4 and shooting insurance for the day
    Entry to one of the shooting competitions on the day
    Free tea or coffee during the day

Again with regard to selling, the information from the Leics. Firearms Department is that, people attending can hire a table for the day to sell airguns(below the legal energy limits) and spares/memorabilia, if they have not done this in the past on a regular basis.
    Otherwise a dealers certificate would be required to sell on the day

Taking this requirement into consideration, could those wishing to sell on the day please pm me, expressing their intention to attend (or with any questions)
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

latest info

The table hire situation is improving we are nearly there

I want this to be a Fayre mainly about older guns, but obviously any airguns and spares or equipment associated with our hobby can be sold on the day as long as we comply with Firearms legislation

Our club is insured for archery as well as airguns and we will also put on an archery competition on the day(mainly for beginners to taste the sport of long bow or recurve)

Hence if anyone wants to hire a table or half table for the sale of archery [U]equipment, this is fine, just post on here. I have noticed that quite a few airgun enthusiasts also do archery

The' bring and buy' shared table/tables can include guns, gun spares,books, shooting clothing/boots, archery gear, walking sticks, in fact virtually anything useful to the airgun collector or shooter/archer or angler
    Commission on sales (only from this table) will be: £1 for items up to £10
    10% for items over £10 and under £100
    and £10 fixed price for anything over £100

The charge for a table (£24)/half table (£12) for selling your own or your clubs items, includes a free entry to a shooting competition and also includes the club green fees( normally £4)

At present, the guys who have committed themselves to rent tables are:

Paddy SP full table *
    Covert op full table *
    CRX full table
    Serowman half table
    Rob M half table
    Phil/Stan full table *
    El Maipino half table
    Rockphoon half table *
    Myself half table
    Ian W (Jubilee) half table
    Pete D half table

In addition I have had enquires for the sale of bring and buy items from a few people

So come on fellas, remember that when you hire a half table for £12 this includes the £4 green fee and free tea coffee and entry to a shooting comp.

For the non competitive types on here, let me just say that the competitions will be designed to have fun and will not be too serious - honest

The long range event should also once and for all settle the question of just how accurate some of our old classics were/are and which were the best
    The long range shoot (50 yards)will be split into pre war and post war classes

Sighting cards will be allowed and provided by the club

We are getting there, go on, just agree to come and sell

All proceeds will go to improving our ranges

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 30-06-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: another table sold changes to text in redUpdate
    hold me back !!

Do the items for sale have to be related to older guns? period scopes and parts etc or can it be anything airgun related?.

I bulk buy sports goods, including airgun items for friends back in South America and sometimes have to over order to get better discount rates. This leaves me with items which I cannot then fit into the shipment boxes.

Usually lubricants, scope mounts, rings, gun care items the odd scope etc.

I normally sell these items off or keep them for myself I would probably have enough to justify a table.

Would that be okay ?

items to sell

Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    Do the items for sale have to be related to older guns? period scopes and parts etc or can it be anything airgun related?.

I bulk buy sports goods, including airgun items for friends back in South America and sometimes have to over order to get better discount rates. This leaves me with items which I cannot then fit into the shipment boxes.

Usually lubricants, scope mounts, rings, gun care items the odd scope etc.

I normally sell these items off or keep them for myself I would probably have enough to justify a table.

Would that be okay ?
    Yes that's fine

Would you like me to book you a definite table?
    I will take payment for the table in the next couple of weeks if everything goes to plan
    John
    hold me back !!

John, you have PM regarding the Fayre. All the best Phil.

Tables

Another table sold
    Post 30 updated

Things are looking better

John
    hold me back !!

hey

"Commission on sales will be: £1 for items up to £10
    10% for items over £10 and under £100
    and £10 fixed price for anything over £100

i missed that bit!

how is that going to be controlled?

Are you basically saying you want 10% of the sales?

I am prepared to travel 2 hours ( deisel now £1.30 a litre ) PAY for a table ( £24 )to put on a show to get this event going.

And then you want 10% of the takings? Tell me I have got this wrong?

If not count me out.

regards john

Would you like me to book you a definite table?
    I am trying to see if I can sort out transport for around that date. I do not have a car here in the UK, have use of one but usually have to arrange it.

I will get back to you though.

Also in regards to the commission as raised by covert op. On an oil or lubricant or basic gun care item which is usually in the £2-5 mark a £1 commission will wipe out any profit.

I do not think I will have much in the above £10 market so this may price me out.

I will have to do my sums before I get back to you mate.

I would attend though.

Hi

this clause in post 30 was not in post 1 or anyother till you had bookings?

Hi All,

I read the post re: commission charges and must admit read it twice!

I think it refers to items sold on the 'Bring & Buy' stall or stalls, not to the people who have hired tables.

Dogsbody