Thread: spring pistol choice ? any ideas

spring pistol choice ? any ideas

looking for a top build quality spring pistol for informal target and plinking wondering if people have suggestions as i dont have access to try them out before i order one ---thinking either the feinwerkbau 65 /80 (if i can find one)or the weihrauch 45 or hw70 .the fwb would be my first choice because of the accuracy and ability to change from recoilless to recoiling but the 45 seems to have a lot going for it and the ability to change barrels / customise it would be a plus . would the fwb 65 be a better gun though ?how accurate is the hw45 on a ten metre range ?

For target/plinking go for the FWB. Excellent accuracy, though not much power. Some better single stroke pneumatics around for not much more cash.

For plinking/target go for the HW45 - more power and a beefier gun. I've got a .177 and a .22, but find the .22 easier to shoot and more fun...

I get 25mm groups using an over the crook-of-the-elbow stance using a 40mm red-dot site, less if I'm really trying...

For a good review of the '45, please click here...

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW45Review/

FWB is a targetpistol, the HW's are not. FWB has far superior trigger and accuracy, adj target grip, better sights... Looks maybe less nice, part availability maybe less (it's an old 80s pistol), but great shooting pistols. We have them at our gunclub!
    ATB,
    yana

thanks for the replies, im still not sure which one yet they both seem to have plus and minus points , anyone know how easy is it to get replacement parts for the fwb65 ? that would be a big factor for sure

Ratgunner

Quote Originally Posted by ratpellet View Post
    looking for a top build quality spring pistol for informal target and plinking wondering if people have suggestions as i dont have access to try them out before i order one ---thinking either the feinwerkbau 65 /80 (if i can find one)or the weihrauch 45 or hw70 .the fwb would be my first choice because of the accuracy and ability to change from recoilless to recoiling but the 45 seems to have a lot going for it and the ability to change barrels / customise it would be a plus . would the fwb 65 be a better gun though ?how accurate is the hw45 on a ten metre range ?
    have been using a HW 45 .22 for around a year or more notwithstanding the array of fine and accurate ammo I personally use RWS Superdomes .22 as for my Gun is the perfect barrel to pellet match, it is so Damned! accurate that i can show off from 10yds to 25yds, the HW 45 .22 is unreal for an airgun or I am one Lucky Old Fart!???????

It will not suit everyone as I am a strong believer that a single persons technique and barrel type will require a pellet that suits both of the above?? i

IE: Weihrauch 77k, Accupell .22/5,51mm

BSA Lightning XL, JSB .22/5.52mm

BSA Airsporter circa 1972, Eley Wasps, No2 Bore .22in/5.56mm

Daystate X2, Daystate .22/5.51mm

SMK QB78, Co2 x 2 x 12gram cartridge, JSB .22/5.52mm

Crosman Ratbasher (well Blinged!) Co2 1 x 88gram/3.1 oz, JSB .22/5.52mm

Blah! Blah! Ad Nauseum,

Shoot Well And Safely, May Diana Be With You All.

Webley Typhoon is a good pistol. Once you have done a few mods, takes 10 mins at home they are accurate and wicked powerful. 400fps in .22.
    Items bought on airgunbbs: 5
    Items sold on airgunbbs: 5

the 45 is probably the more practical plinker i guess , a bit more power as well to bust cans . one last question; to all the 45 owners out there is there any difference between the new and older models besides the cosmetic ie the model number on the side, as in build quality or materials etc , also i ve seen pics of a gun with coloured sights as opposed to the standard iron sights , are these removable or not , cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ratpellet View Post
    the 45 is probably the more practical plinker i guess , a bit more power as well to bust cans . one last question; to all the 45 owners out there is there any difference between the new and older models besides the cosmetic ie the model number on the side, as in build quality or materials etc , also i ve seen pics of a gun with coloured sights as opposed to the standard iron sights , are these removable or not , cheers
    Mine has the fiber optic sights, they don't come off!, it also has two power settings, which i belive is new for the .22?
    Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20 - Air Arms TX200 HC .177
    FX Verminator .177 - Theoben Evolution .177