Thread: HW70 Custom Grip

HW70 Custom Grip

Hi All
    I have not been practicing for the June comp the last couple of days, instead I have been making a custom grip for my HW70 doubt if it will improve my scores but feels a lot better to hold. The grip is made from mahogany two boards laminated together, needs a bit more sanding and polishing but I thought I would show them anyway, hope you like them
    ATB Keith
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice !

Get some oil on that and it will look a treat ..!
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Cheers, A little more sanding and polishing and a good oiling should do the trick Just wanted to try it out for day or two
    ATB Keith

Looking good Keith..

Thought about doing a bit of stippling on the grip? Made one for my compact and it helped my grip a lot.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Had not thought of that what did you use to get the stipple effect
    Cheers Keith

Dremel with a small knurled tip. Just pressed it into the wood carefully in a random pattern. As long as you take your time, works a treat..

atb
    Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Thanks Russ, I will try that out. Cheers Keith