Thread: Best place to look for a collectable if not on here

Best place to look for a collectable if not on here

I fancy an old relic . Just the wife at the moment.

Where do i look if not on here (that's the rifle but may be willing to PX or swop her)?

Any Fairs etc etc

Thumbs up target sports

i was in ts the other day and they have quite a few collectables including a nice webley mk3 for 150 quid

Cool Where

Dave 1,
    I find the best places are some of the farmers markets, then the secondhand shops, although they are getting a bit sparce these days due to the nefarious side of their business, and they dont want people like me in my prof. capacity visiting too often.
    I like to visit the antiques fairs with the wife and while she talks about china etc., I tend to talk to the blokes on stalls, and although they dont have guns there they often have them hidden away or know where they are.
    I recently picked up a pre war Diana Model 27 at such a place,just by doing this.

The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i was in ts the other day and they have quite a few collectables including a nice webley mk3 for 150 quid
    Ive been through them Mally.

IMO gun shops are the best place to find the more interesting rifles. On rare occasions they dont even know what they have for sale. In my personal experience my finds includes a Sharp Pan Target (labelled as a Victory), a Normay Vixen (labelled HW35), a prototype Webley Omega with an adjustable gas ram, a Beeman Sport, Diana G55, etc.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

i really miss jeans that was like willie wonka,s chocolate factory for air gun lovers pitty she packed it in used to love going up there

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i really miss jeans that was like willie wonka,s chocolate factory for air gun lovers pitty she packed it in used to love going up there
    I know what you mean.

The trouble was she knew EXACTLY what she had for sale and its value although but I did get a couple of nice bargains from her.

BAR usually have something of interest to the collector but its not always in the gun racks.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

edbear2 Guest

Lightbulb

I have found boot sales to be very good, but get there early!...I have overcome my initial reserve about approaching people as they arrive and asking if they have any "airgun stuff" after seeing other people do it and get some great items...if you are polite, most people dont mind...usually I find anything worth having is gone within 30 mins of the field opening....in the last 6 weeks got a nice mk1 airsporter £30...haenel 302 and 303 £45 the pair...a mint cadet major £25...complete but rough mk3 webley, and a looks like unfired, bagged webley junior rifle (£20!)...they are out there, but not always on display as people are unsure on the law now.as others have said, never pass a gunshop without popping in - traditional shotgun and country clothing types are always the best as its not their normal stock line.another one that has worked for me are house clearance firms if there are any in your area, and work and pub contacts...I have had guns and old pellet tins from delivery drivers to our firm when they have seen a stock or gun part in my office and we have got to chatting.....good luck and and have fun mate, you will never stop being suprised at what turns up!

edbear2 Guest

Lightbulb

I have found boot sales to be very good, but get there early!...I have overcome my initial reserve about approaching people as they arrive and asking if they have any "airgun stuff" after seeing other people do it and get some great items...if you are polite, most people dont mind...usually I find anything worth having is gone within 30 mins of the field opening....in the last 6 weeks got a nice mk1 airsporter £30...haenel 302 and 303 £45 the pair...a mint cadet major £25...complete but rough mk3 webley, and a looks like unfired, bagged webley junior rifle (£20!)...they are out there, but not always on display as people are unsure on the law now.as others have said, never pass a gunshop without popping in - traditional shotgun and country clothing types are always the best as its not their normal stock line.another one that has worked for me are house clearance firms if there are any in your area, and work and pub contacts...I have had guns and old pellet tins from delivery drivers to our firm when they have seen a stock or gun part in my office and we have got to chatting.....good luck and and have fun mate, you will never stop being suprised at what turns up!