I have found boot sales to be very good, but get there early!...I have overcome my initial reserve about approaching people as they arrive and asking if they have any "airgun stuff" after seeing other people do it and get some great items...if you are polite, most people dont mind...usually I find anything worth having is gone within 30 mins of the field opening....in the last 6 weeks got a nice mk1 airsporter £30...haenel 302 and 303 £45 the pair...a mint cadet major £25...complete but rough mk3 webley, and a looks like unfired, bagged webley junior rifle (£20!)...they are out there, but not always on display as people are unsure on the law now.as others have said, never pass a gunshop without popping in - traditional shotgun and country clothing types are always the best as its not their normal stock line.another one that has worked for me are house clearance firms if there are any in your area, and work and pub contacts...I have had guns and old pellet tins from delivery drivers to our firm when they have seen a stock or gun part in my office and we have got to chatting.....good luck and and have fun mate, you will never stop being suprised at what turns up!