Thread: target pistol rules

target pistol rules

hi can anyone tell me the rules for target pistol 10m should it be 1 shot or multi shot pistol thanks put this in the wrong place 1st attempt sorry mods

Single shot unless the conditions for the competition specify otherwise. the NSRA Rules are a little unhelpful as they state:

9.2.1.3 any air pistol complying with Rule 9.2.3

9.2.3 Air pistols used in competitions under ISSF rules may be any type of compressed air or CO2 pistol calibre 4.5
    mm (.177 in) which conforms with current ISSF regulations.
    The ISSF Rules state:

6.11.4.2 The gun may only be loaded with one (1) pellet.
    So the answer to your question is that you may use a multi-shot air pistol providing that it is only loaded with one pellet at a time.

Rutty

Generally speaking it should be one shot pistols for 10 metres although most organisers are happy to let you shoot a five shot as long as you ground the barrel on the table between shots. There is also a rapid fire discipline at !0 metres where you have to use a five shot pistol. Unfortunately very few clubs have the equipment for this. You need a row of five target holders which all turn at the same time.

pistol

thanks guys i have seen a second hand brno model 5 for sale but its in .22 but most seem to shoot .177 what are the views on this ?

pistol

sorry just read reply i see the rules say .177

thanks guys i have seen a second hand brno model 5 for sale but its in .22 but most seem to shoot .177 what are the views on this ?
    Your original question specified 10 mtr air shooting and for that discipline the only calibre allowed is 4.5mm/0.177. However if you wished to shoot 20 yard air pistol under NSRA Rules the following paragraph could apply:

9.2.1 Pistols used in competitions under NSRA rules must conform with one of the following:

9.2.1.1 any pistol (single shot, semi-automatic or revolver) chambered for the 5.6 mm (.22 in) rimfire cartridge,
    barrel length including the cylinder, not exceeding 254 mm (10 in); sights may be adjustable but not over
    254 mm (10 in) apart. The trigger must support 1 kg (2.2 lb) weight; or

9.2.1.2 any type of compressed air or CO2 pistol calibre not exceeding 5.6 mm (.22 in) and of dimensions not
    exceeding those in Rule 9.2.1.1. The trigger must support 500 g (1.1 lb) weight
    However you would have to check the conditions applying to each competition.

Rutty

pistol

thanks for that well it seems that i could go for 1 of each if finances permit any ideas on a good starter

starter 10 metre

A very nice starter is the single stroke pneumatic FAS604
    This is quite a light pistol with a superb 2 stage match trigger factory set at about 550 grammes (min. allowed is 500grms)
    Grips are walnut/anatomical and although velocity is quite low at about 400 ft/sec, this is ample to cut clean holes in 10 metre card with wadcutter pellets
    Second hand prices vary from £100 to £220 depending on condition/history

If more money is available then a PCP is the way to go, but be prepared to pay £500 or so for one of the better pistols second hand or twice that new

Another fine recoiless starter is a secondhand Feinwerkbau model 65 or 80 (about £200 or so depending on condition). These fine pistols are bullet proof and velocity is higher at about 470 ft/sec
    john
    hold me back !!

pistol

thanks all its given me something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by flowergil1 View Post
    hi can anyone tell me the rules for target pistol 10m should it be 1 shot or multi shot pistol thanks put this in the wrong place 1st attempt sorry mods
    All the 5 shot rapid fire target models have a single shot adaptor available.
    Make every shot count.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon25 View Post
    All the 5 shot rapid fire target models have a single shot adaptor available.

Or, in the case of my B96 at least, you can just load one pellet in the first hole of the 5 shot mag
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!