Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2008 (2nd half) Pistol Competition

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post

PS. Jim, go for the 747! It can put pellet on pellet. You will be the only variable
    Good scores, Derek! And good advice: I've never heard anything bad about the 747, and I've heard a lot of good.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Talking Results...almost

Technically the finish is tonight at 12 midnight.
    However with only one score to be submitted that could affect third place here are the results for 1st and 2nd

So...(insert Trumpet fanfare here)

1st place is Biggles with 864
    2nd place is John with 822
    3rd place is Pollydog with 808 however for 3rd prize Barnsr with 789

well done to Biggles, a handmade silver bracelet will be winging its way to you shortly, please pm me your address.

congrats to John for second place, as per last year I have decided to bung a tin of pellets at 2nd and 3rd so I will sort those out for you John, Barnsr if you could Pm me your address details I will get a tin of pellets on their way to you.

Many thanks to all who took part, I hope it was worthwhile, from my point it did give me a score average increase so it has been beneficial, and it has been enjoyable shooting against like minded people from across the globe who I will possibly never meet in person but thanks to the wonders of the net have had the pleasure of making a small connection with. ( I hope that last bit sounds right!)

I will edit this tomorrow morning for the final position.

Cheers
    Graeme

p.s.
    just bought a FWb p34 so if I do get around to another comp...
    Last edited by pollythedog; 26-11-2008 at 07:33 PM.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Technically the finish is tonight at 12 midnight.
    However with only one score to be submitted that could affect third place here are the results for 1st and 2nd

So...(insert Trumpet fanfare here)

1st place is Biggles with 864
    2nd place is John with 822
    3rd place is Pollydog with 808 however for 3rd prize Barnsr with 789

well done to Biggles, a handmade silver bracelet will be winging its way to you shortly, please pm me your address.

congrats to John for second place, as per last year I have decided to bung a tin of pellets at 2nd and 3rd so I will sort those out for you John, Barnsr if you could Pm me your address details I will get a tin of pellets on their way to you.

Many thanks to all who took part, I hope it was worthwhile, from my point it did give me a score average increase so it has been beneficial, and it has been enjoyable shooting against like minded people from across the globe who I will possibly never meet in person but thanks to the wonders of the net have had the pleasure of making a small connection with. ( I hope that last bit sounds right!)

I will edit this tomorrow morning for the final position.

Cheers
    Graeme

p.s.
    just bought a FWb p34 so if I do get around to another comp...
    BIG thanks to Graeme and everyone who entered.

Shame that others dropped out as I suspect some were well capable of encouraging me to improve further; Snooper would have wiped the floor with all of us had he continued beyond R1.

Were it not for this comp, I don't s'pose my HW would see the light of day too often, so I do hope that there is a rerun some time in the not too distant future.

All the best too one and all and here's hoping you have a merry Christmas (in spite of Woolworths closure ).

Biggles (about to send PM to G for his bling )
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Congratulations and thanks

Congratulations to Biggles who has been consistent right through the competition and in the end was a worthy winner.

Many thanks to Graeme for all the work in putting these competitions together and for his prompt, accurate and humorous feedback

Regards to all
    john
    hold me back !!

Thumbs up Really Impressive!!

One day I will have a target that looks like that! How exciting. Jan

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Evening Graeme et al

Well, I finally got around to it - the final card - with the usual erratic shots, but one very pleasant surprise.

For 3 out of four of the diagrams I knew I'd fired some shots as I could see one hole either clear of the black bit or at least peeking out of it (doh ). The 4th (2nd diagram shot) was a mystery only revealed when I walked up to the target.

Results per diagram were:

1. 6,9,9,10,10 = 44
    2. 10,10,10,10,10 = 50
    3. 7,8,8,9,10 = 42
    4. 7,8,8,9,9 = 41

Total 177 and including that PB diagram 2 which really surprised me; it hadn't felt that good. Well chuffed So much so that I felt the need to take a piccy of it ...

ATB

Biggles
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan McArthur View Post
    One day I will have a target that looks like that! How exciting. Jan
    Thanks Jan. Hope you and young Jim have a fab Christmas.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member