Thread: Venom Mach 1 trigger unit.

Venom Mach 1 trigger unit.

Calm down. Calm down.
    This superb piece of airgun engineering isn't for sale yet.
    Its come into a club members possession after a recent very sad bereavement at our club.
    For those in the know there is no need for an explanation of this, what is basically a hand built Reckord trigger unit made by Hancock & Pope (Venom) in the 1980's. Most of these units went into the Mach 1 and Mach 2 rifles but a very few were fitted at great expense to their top of the range Venom tuned rifles.
    Now, following the great BBS tradition of 'Whats My BSA Lightning Worth?' type threads - whats a Venom Mach one trigger unit worth ?
    Any further information or estimates on a price for one of these units would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Not sure... But I would like it, so if you do sell, please let me know and i'm sure we can work out a good price.

Well, if the V-Mach 'Rekord' & CD conversions (including straight trigger blade) cost £65 (-ish) today ... it must be worth more than that, right? Somewhere between, say, £75 - £125 ... or whatever somebody is willing to pay. Regards .... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

I would value a proper Mach 1 trigger unit at around the £200 mark.

The item is not a straight drop in unit into an HW block as the casing is wider so requires the slot to be milled wider.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 30-01-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post

The itim is not a straight drop in unit into an HW block as the casing is wider so requires the slot to be milled wider.
    Thanks for that info.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

See Matt's post on the other thread - it would appear there are several different sizes of Mach 1 trigger some of which just drop in to the HW block - I just thought mine was a 'standard' size....

mach1 trigg mech

Ive got the similar unit fitted to my KT83, this is Ken Turners own design based what looks like on the record unit but a whole lot sweeter. Best trigger unit ive ever used, only thing is you have to remove the guard to get at the tiny grub screw adjusters... still who am i to critizise a genius like Mr Turner anyway..

would my hw80 be a venom trigger too then?, it has the venom vantage stock (left hooker though) and a straight trigger blade..

>>>my hw80<<<

>>>trigger close up<<<

sorry for jumping on your thread ian

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I.J

You have PM.

Regards

MACH 1.5