Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HFT and Vintage air rifles, some form of competition incorporating old classics.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

HFT and Vintage air rifles, some form of competition incorporating old classics.

After reading a few posts about the forthcoming Bisley event especially for classic and collectable air rifles. I was thinking would it be possible and more importantly would there be any interest from members to incorporate a classic/collectable event, either a side shoot or even some form of competition on a suitable range and as yet to be agreed number of targets into future HFT comps providing there is room on the host clubs range for this extra shoot.
    To make it interesting there could be an open sights policy with standard cord resettable knockdowns at a max of 35 yards down to 10 yards.

Or possibly classes, say for instance class A for the rifles with open sights. And class B, period rifles with contemporary telescopic sights, no mildots allowed. Apart from that still the standard HFT rules 1 point faceplate 2 points for a knockdown.

I spoke to Pete Sparks this morning and he's all for the idea, club space allowing.

Any interest, input or ideas from members on this.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Grayling, some good suggestions there . Having just yesterday bought an early 1990s .177 Daystate Huntsman FTR with a lovely walnut stock, the idea of a classic p,c.p. class appeals -- maybe as a sub division/section of Sporting Rifle or a retro F-T ? Food for thought. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Grayling, some good suggestions there . Having just yesterday bought an early 1990s .177 Daystate Huntsman FTR with a lovely walnut stock, the idea of a classic p,c.p. class appeals -- maybe as a sub division/section of Sporting Rifle or a retro F-T ? Food for thought. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Cheers Gareth, it will be a perfect opportunity to put faces to BBS names AS WELL the banter and Craic at HFT comps is already brilliant, this can only add more to the overall enjoyment. A pcp class why not mate they go back to the very early 80's (I THINK ) in this case the world is truly our LOBSTER . ITS ALL ABOUT ENJOYING OURSELVES AFTERALL .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Following the fun I had shooting the Tawd Vale round of the UKAHFT using a 1914 BSA I thought I would update my rifle with a similar theme of open sights.

My 1987 Daystate FTR was fitted with a foresight which matched my sports peep sight.

Ive yet to find a good combination of my eye sight and foresight element.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Are there no vintage/period/classic airgun enthusiasts out there apart from G W B and I.J who have even a passing interest in this proposed competition and get together, 76 views and no other comments or ideas. Come on chaps
    I need interested parties to get this underway.

Raygun as kindly offered a venue at the Rivington charity shoot on the 10th August 2008 (cheers Raymondo ) with all proceeds going to charity, this has a course fee of £5 and any one who has been to Rivi will know its set in beautiful surroundings. Raymondo as set a minimum of 10 shooters to make it worthwhile setting up a dedicated vintage/classics course, surely there are some BBSers within a 1 hour radius of Rivington rifles course that would be interested in a get together of sorts.

If this is anywhere near as good as similar indoor comps that Rivi already run then this will be great fun. But we need interest from members to make it a viable option.

This will be a chance for guys with an interest in older weapons to Pitt themselves and there treasured old classics against fellow enthusiasts in beautiful surroundings and a convivial atmosphere with all money going to an excellent cause. SURELY WORTHWHILE IN ALL WAYS.

Hi Gary.

I'll be interested. As you know I've got a few 'classic' Jackals . Do they count?

Just need to check my diary oh & the boss

Also it be good to meet up again & have the craic.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Great idea.
    Old knackered relics shooting their rifles

Count me in. Now. What class does a BSF 65 come into?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Gary.

I'll be interested. As you know I've got a few 'classic' Jackals . Do they count?

Just need to check my diary oh & the boss

Also it be good to meet up again & have the craic.
    Yo Pad, ye mate you could shoot your AR7/Combat in the open sights class A, but as I said we can debate the finer points of the comp if we get enough interested parties. Another day with you Pad good bud would be very welcome .

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Great idea.
    Old knackered relics shooting their rifles

Count me in. Now. What class does a BSF 65 come into?

ATB
    Ian
    Ian you'll be guest of honour you legend and guru to us mere mortals .

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Yo Pad, ye mate you could shoot your AR7/Combat in the open sights class A, but as I said we can debate the finer points of the comp if we get enough interested parties. Another day with you Pad good bud would be very welcome .

Thanks Gary

Cool, Yeah I could enter the Combat in the open sight, or my Parabellum with Sussex Armoury 6*32 in the other category. I just won't let you touch them

Seriously it will be a great day for sure
    BE-HAPPY-OK

HeHeHe Don't you trust me young Pad. But once we have the course set up mate the World is our Lobster and we can shoot as many catergorys as we want. What we need now is names of those who wish to attend. This could become a feature in many HFT comps while we wait to shoot our round we could be having fun with the classics as well.

HeHeHe Don't you trust me young Pad. But once we have the course set up mate the World is our Lobster and we can shoot as many catergorys as we want. What we need now is names of those who wish to attend. This could become a feature in many HFT comps while we wait to shoot our round we could be having fun with the classics as well.
    Only Kidding, you're welcome to use my Jackals again.

Oh I forgot to mention that I used the Combat at the last Kibworth Open Shoot with an old Tasco 4*40 & I got 30/60. However I had good fun & alot of people commenting on how loud the Combat was

I will endevour to turn up. Maybe in some sort of unusual camo aswell
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Only Kidding, you're welcome to use my Jackals again.

Oh I forgot to mention that I used the Combat at the last Kibworth Open Shoot with an old Tasco 4*40 & I got 30/60. However I had good fun & alot of people commenting on how loud the Combat was

I will endevour to turn up. Maybe in some sort of unusual camo aswell

BUT DID THEY REALISE HOW RARE IT WAS PAD , LIKE ROCKING HORSE POO AND HENS TEEF, I'D IT WANT TO BE LOUD SO EVERYONE NEARBY KNEW I HAD ONE .

BUT DID THEY REALISE HOW RARE IT WAS PAD , LIKE ROCKING HORSE POO AND HENS TEEF, I'D IT WANT TO BE LOUD SO EVERYONE NEARBY KNEW I HAD ONE .
    Yes some did know how rare it is & some people thought I was walking around with an Assault Rifle
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

What class does a BSF 65 come into?
    ... The same as the Airgunaid SP5 .20 cal .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... The same as the Airgunaid SP5 .20 cal .
    Does that mean you are going to come to it?

It would be good to put a face to the name.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK