Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HFT and Vintage air rifles, some form of competition incorporating old classics.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Does that mean you are going to come to it?

It would be good to put a face to the name.

Regards
    Paddy.
    I think it would be a wee bit to far for Gareth young Pad, thats a fair old hike from DARN SARF, be good though if he could manage it, HEY GARETH THAT MEANS YOU COULD GO AND SALIVATE OVER I.J's EXTENSIVE COLLECTION AFTERWARDS .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Smile Blast from the Past

The series 'Blast from the Past' currently running in Airgun World will concentrate on mainstream air rifles, but I thought it would be nice to have a special article featuring other great air rifles from yesteryear, and the ideal opportunity to put it together is the vintage airgun shoot at Rivvy.

I put the idea to Terry D and he agrees.

So, dust off your '80s Venoms and Mastersports, your '70s SP-5s and your BSF 65s , your Webley Hawks, BSA Cadets, Jackals, Siroccos or whatever pre-1985 air rifles you have, and bring them to Rivvy for the vintage shoot on August 10th.

You'll have fun. You'll see some of the air rifles you might have lusted after years ago. Your cherished classic might make it into Terry's esteemed organ

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    The series 'Blast from the Past' currently running in Airgun World will concentrate on mainstream air rifles, but I thought it would be nice to have a special article featuring other great air rifles from yesteryear, and the ideal opportunity to put it together is the vintage airgun shoot at Rivvy.

So, dust off your '80s Venoms and Mastersports, your '70s SP-5s and your BSF 65s , your Webley Hawks, BSA Cadets, Jackals, Siroccos or whatever pre-1985 air rifles you have, and bring them to Rivvy for the vintage shoot on August 10th.

You'll have fun. You'll see some of the air rifles you might have lusted after years ago. Your cherished classic might make it into Terry's esteemed organ
    >HERE's< my response from this post in the other section
    BE-HAPPY-OK

This is sounding better by the minute . Thanks Jimbo , that should get a wee bit more interest from the collectables fans out there. It is for charity as well lads so a good time to be had, good company, except MallyAlly and a good cause, IS THERE MORE.

We're now having a timed event to see who can break one of Pad E's hallowed Jackels in the fastest time....Providing we can find them . I already hold the existing record .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Talking of vintage and classic competition rifles, any one interested in the rifle pictured below? It is my Daystate Huntsman FTR in .177 and boasting serial number 33, is the 33rd rifle Daystate made . It's currently up for sale and the link bekow will take you right to it's ad . Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post

We're now having a timed event to see who can break one of Pad E's hallowed Jackels in the fastest time....Providing we can find them . I already hold the existing record .
    Remind me not to let you near the small collection of rifles that I will bring to this event for others to try.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Remind me not to let you near the small collection of rifles that I will bring to this event for others to try.

ATB
    Ian
    Spill the beans Sensei Jones, what little treasures are you going to treat us to a glimpse of from the HALLOWED I.J gun collection .

Hi Gary,
    It will only be a small, but select sample from the I.J. collection.

The bulk of the collection has to remain "On show" for the Coach Trade

Will be more than worthwhile looking at though.

ATB
    Ray.

I hope to bring a couple of BSFs (55 and the 65 just for BTDT to eat his words ), Hammerli, Webley Omega (adj gas ram prototype) Sharp Pan Target, 35 Vixen, Walther 53, Original 35 and whatever else may be requested FROM HERE.

ATB
    Ian

I hope to bring a couple of BSFs (55 and the 65 just for BTDT to eat his words ), Hammerli, Webley Omega (adj gas ram prototype) Sharp Pan Target, 35 Vixen, Walther 53, Original 35 and whatever else may be requested FROM HERE.

ATB
    Ian
    ian if you bring your beeman sport i promise not to drool on it
    what do you think

...and the 65 just for BTDT to eat his words ...
    Preferable to having to eat that tripe and onion in warm milk concoction that you're so fond of guzzling.

If we can authenticate the BSF 65 then it's got to be in the article though if, as I suspect, it's an FWB 65 with a stock nailed on, forget it.

I will be able to tell the difference.

My good buddy and superstud DaveUK has just phoned me to say he is now coming as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    My good buddy and superstud DaveUK has just phoned me to say he is now coming as well.

Good news I shall see my two Jackals again , + the 3 I'll be bringing & then if Gary you bring yours. That will equal a whole load of Jackals

Mr R. P. Mc Murphy will hopefully be coming up with me aswell.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 24-07-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Poor spelling, as usual.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Mr R. P. Mc Murthy will hopefully be coming up with me aswell.
    It would be nice to meet young R. P. Mc Murphy again. Last time I saw him, he was eleven years old and struggling to pump up his little Sharp Innova.

Luckily, I'm reasonably fluent in both Black Country and Lancastrian, so I can translate if he decides he wants to talk to I. J.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    ian if you bring your beeman sport i promise not to drool on it
    what do you think
    Will do!

Luckily, I'm reasonably fluent in both Black Country and Lancastrian, so I can translate if he decides he wants to talk to I. J.
    He will have to make an appointment like everyone else.

ATB
    Ian