Thread: Barska Tactical Mil-Dot 6-20x50.

Barska Tactical Mil-Dot 6-20x50.

I admit I have never considered a Barska Riflescope.
    I guessed their low price reflected the quality of the product.
    In the July issue of Gun Mart the Barska Tactical scopes receive a glowing review.
    The 6-20x50 is highly praised, so I decide this is just the scope for my .17hmr.
    I ordered one from the US via that well-known online auction site.
    In the 2 weeks it took to arrive I had misgivings about this scope, but reading the review reassured me that everything would be all right.
    Scope arrived today. On opening box I can see that the parallax/ focus wheel is covered in oil/grease. Wheel is very stiff & difficult to turn,
    not surprising if all the lubricant has leaked out.
    Scope finish is poor. At a glance it seems ok, but close inspection revels tiny marks & blemishes…oh dear!
    Things look up when I peer through the scope.
    At the low to mid settings (6-12) the optics are very sharp & clear. But like all the cheap variables I have looked through, at the top (20x) the picture is fuzzy & blurred.
    The best feature is the mil-Dot reticle, as good as any ret I have seen, including scopes costing several times as much.
    So far a bit of a mixed bag.
    With the scope mounted on my .17hmr it was off to zero in.
    Zeroing in was a piece of cake, half a dozen shots & it was done.
    With the mag set at 12x & the parallax wheel set at 100 I was putting bullet on bullet at 100yds, perhaps this is going to be ok after all.
    May be in time the parallax wheel will loosen up, who knows I might come to love this scope.
    On getting home I had one last look through scope OMG!!! The sight picture is covered in black spots Large & small.
    Grease or oil from inside the tube is splattered over the internal lenses. Scope is now back in its box.
    As a final insult despite taking great care tube is marked by mounts,
    an indication of the poor finish not me being ham-fisted.
    I have emailed seller asking for a refund.
    Oh well you live & learn.

http://www.barska.com/tactica_r.html

UPDATE: Scope returned & full refund given.
    Last edited by creakindoor; 01-08-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Update.

and the magazines give them such a good right up.but i spose they have to as the dealers advertise in the magsat last an honest review
    here for a good time not a long time

Barska scope

Hi
    just wanted to update folks as I read this thread and was put off Barska's. I recently bought a 22lr from South Yorkshire Shooting who swear by them, so much so that I gave in and had a look at this same model. Well I bought it and find it's a great piece of glass, one of my shooting mates has a S&B but is now swapping it for this model. I guess there are always good and bad in any batch but maybe if the suppier had been local it may have turned out different for you?

barska

hi i am supprised to hear about the scope as i have a barske euro on my cz and it is clear great quality and was a fantastic price guess yours is just a faulty one