Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A 'How To' guide to uploading pictures onto the BBS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    why cant I use the "manage attchments "button as used on the sales pages ? Tezz
    Probably because it would put to much load on the server / bandwidth
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    I couldn’t leave the truck – Planet Rock was playing Deep Purple’s ‘Speed King’, and it’s against the law to switch it off part-way through.
    Lefty Gunz, CupramanRR, URX, Rapidnick, Lex, Jackel, mr ben, foxshooter, SCORCHA

Posting photos.

Quote Originally Posted by non stock stock View Post
    i agree with jim ive tryed loadsa times to no avail. tommorow when im not so tired im guna give this a go. but there must be more 'simple' people like me out there.
    Too true,it`s easy enough until something goes wrong

i agree with jim ive tryed loadsa times to no avail. tommorow when im not so tired im guna give this a go. but there must be more 'simple' people like me out there.
    if your a computer cretin like me it's still to complicated :-(

worth reading
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    if your a computer cretin like me it's still to complicated :-(
    Know what you mean , just spent an hour trying to post a picture in the sales section and still not done it

Got the url into description but cant make any sense of the next bit highlighting a word and hyperlink.

Had to resort to asking my software expert- the wife and even she cant get it to work

Can some one explain how i get the url to actually look like a picture when i preview it and not just displaying the words

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by fatiboyjoe View Post
    Know what you mean , just spent an hour trying to post a picture in the sales section and still not done it

Got the url into description but cant make any sense of the next bit highlighting a word and hyperlink.

Had to resort to asking my software expert- the wife and even she cant get it to work

Can some one explain how i get the url to actually look like a picture when i preview it and not just displaying the words

Joe
    We do not allow IMG (image) code on all sections but the Sales area. What section are you trying to post a picture on?
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Yep i am as thick as shite when it comes to all things computer related

Uploading for luddites like me.

First, take a digital photo & save it to your computer. Second, Join a free host site, I'm on "imgbb.com" so that's the one I'll explain.

I have two open internet pages which make it easy, my ISP home page & my ISP search page.

On page 1 open the BBS, open your thread, type the text drop the flashing cursor to a new line.

Now on page 2 open imgbb.com & sign in, click "Albums", click "Create new Album", a box will open type in a name (BBS ?), description & privacy setting, I use "private anyone with the link", click "Save Changes"

At the top of the imgbb page click "upload", a box (A) will open, click "Browse your computer" a new box will open which should have your computer pictures, select the photo you want, click "Open", you will now be back at page (A) with the picture & a box underneath to select the album you want it in, underneath that is a green "upload" button, If you want another photo click "your computer" & repeat the selection, when you have all the photos you want to show click the green "upload" button.

The photo(s) will then upload, when done there is a green tick-upload complete- a thumbnail of the photo & 2 "embed code" boxes, the bottom box has a https address, click that address to highlight it (if more than 1 photo all will highlight) then RIGHT click the highlight, a new box will open click on copy.

Now reopen page 1 to show your BBS thread & RIGHT click on the flashing cursor a new box will open, click "paste" & the https address of the photo(s) will appear as a link.

Submit your post, Go back to page 2 imgbb, click "close" on the upload page, click your profile & sign out.

Once signed out, go back to the BBS & click the link in your post to test it, that's it job done.

upload atempt

hello

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    hello

Don't think you've quite got it mate!! have another go!
    db

S10 BSA
    http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...lyparty005.jpg

Did that work, how an S10 should look.??

Voldy

Okay, now just the labelling bit to read again - good innit?
    Last edited by Matt C.; 26-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

testing

Rob,

Nah, that's a picky not a link. Good though.

Voldemort
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    testing

How can I put a picture like this up rather than a link?
    Or is this the feature you have removed?
    Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Canex View Post
    How can I put a picture like this up rather than a link?
    Or is this the feature you have removed?
    Cheers
    Chris
    Hi,

Only in the Sales section are embedded images allowed.
    This saves a lot of bandwidth and allows the forum to run quicker.

Ta,
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.