Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relum Tornado value?

Relum Tornado value?

What is a decent condition .22 relum tornado worth please?

Just taken one in on part ex, nice little thing, decent bluing, woodwork pretty good. Not new but not tatty.

Feels stiff to cock, has apparently just been resprung, it's dieseling a bit so affirms that.

Anyone??

Thumbs up

Hi Oliver.
    Browning Shoots A Treat , 4 Shots 3 Confirmed One A Possible Nice Handy Gun. Thankyou. John
    snarepeg.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    For a standard Tornado, I would say about £30-40.

Sometimes people get nostalgic for them so you might squeeze a few pounds more out of them.

Brilliant, glad to hear your enjoying her! It wasn't a gun I wanted to sell really but needs must!

Actually quite like the relum. Off to do some roost shooting this weekend will take it with me and see how it performs, that will determine if it stays or goes!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    For a standard Tornado, I would say about £30-40. Sometimes people get nostalgic for them so you might squeeze a few pounds more out of them.
    ... Double ditto for both of Alistair's pearls of wisdom (and my two penneth is plus post ). Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

ONE THING OLIVER, YOU CAN POST IT WITH NO HASSLE OF F2F.

IT IS A TIDY RIFLE AND APPART FROM A COUPLE OF SHOTS AFTER RESPRINGING IT TO PROVE IT COCKED OK IT HASN/T BEEN FIRED BY ME SINCE.

BETTER THAN SOME OF THAT CHINA JUNK OUT THERE. JOHN
    snarepeg.

Don't worry John I'm more than happy with the deal, not least the fact the gun's gone to a good new owner.

and the fact that air rifles are a lot easier to sell was a strong attraction too.

Looking forward to upsetting mr pigeons day with it tomorrow evening.

Sold mine afew months ago for £70.00 was very clean though.
    Sh*te happens in 3`s
    Tikka T3 Tactical.223 Sako Quad 17hmr BSA S10 BBK .22 JB

didnt they used to have a slot in the cocking arm which had a bakalite or some other material wedge in it.

Try wedging....

.......a bit of shoe leather sole in the slot then grease/oil it.
    Atb Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Don't think theres anything wrong with it, I think it's just the combination of new spring and needing shooting in lol.

my son got his first rabbit with a tornado the other day, pleased as punch he was. The Relum is at least twice as old as him. I bought in woolworths for about £25 in 1982, he loves the tornado as it's light, he wobbles all over the show with a 97k, the relum is ok..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    For a standard Tornado, I would say about £30-40.

Sometimes people get nostalgic for them so you might squeeze a few pounds more out of them.
    Alistair is an armchair fan of one of these fine rifles A gold badge awaits His membership of the Famous Tornado Club I,v rebuilt one of these fine Eastern Block rifles a couple of months ago they are built just like T34 Tanks the stocks are very nice heavy lumps of wood & respond well to DIY If it has 2 original mainsprings one inside the other it will be hard to cock, but the good news is it will be OK for another 30 years!China Junk do you mean one of those boats that float in the Far East!
    Value wise you are never gonna get rich buying & selling these but Alistair & Gareth are right 40/50 quid on a good day plus postage.rellum

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    Alistair is an armchair fan of one of these fine rifles A gold badge awaits His membership of the Famous Tornado Club
    Once I have got my collection down to a certain number I will be looking for one of these blue steel classics.