Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Whitetail Myth.

I had one of these scopes they really are a peach! I only had one issue..it did not go up to six mag, very very clear light weight, I have a review of this 'Whitetail' range, the guy puts it in the freezer and straps it to his sky aerial for a few days and it worked perfectly!(Airgun World Aug 94) Why does everyone bang on about the one they sell is the 'Philippines' made version ie real they were all made in the Philippines....I have never ever seen a copy/fake, has anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by gduk1 View Post
    I had one of these scopes they really are a peach! I only had one issue..it did not go up to six mag, very very clear light weight, I have a review of this 'Whitetail' range, the guy puts it in the freezer and straps it to his sky aerial for a few days and it worked perfectly!(Airgun World Aug 94) Why does everyone bang on about the one they sell is the 'Philippines' made version ie real they were all made in the Philippines....I have never ever seen a copy/fake, has anyone???
    Yeh, there were plenty of fakes about in the nineties, but they do say that is the best form of flattery these really are a good scope though, I had one on a r7 which I kept on the top shelf on my van, the strap broke and the rifle done a 5' swan dive which bent the objective metal when I tested for zero it took two clicks of elevation to rectify testament to the proper whitetail and also theobens.
    Ps, if I saw one up for 35 quid nowadays the fella would loose an arm

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

I have one

Got mine on my .22lr smith and wesson MP15 22. Looks great and very clear
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

Maybe the quality has improved on this model

The one I had on the exterior looked fantastic but looking through it the edges of the image were blurred and the cross hairs far too thick.

A great scope for your youngest's first rifle but lacking in every other aspect for longer range on larger air rifles

simmons wtc

Quote Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
    I've got a Philippines one up for grabs in excellent condition, with finger adjustable turrets (mk2, mk1 was coin adjusted)if anyone is after one pm me.

Atb.

Danny.
    hi Danny,i think the w t c1.5x5x20 is the best small scope ever.glad you are selling yours.how much are you looking for it?i would pay the postage to n Ireland.looking forward to hearing from you
    Mike

most of the white tail classics are exellent scopes imo

Until you look through a nightforce

Quote Originally Posted by james blond View Post
    Until you look through a nightforce
    Your right James but how much more money is the Nightforce over the Simmons WTC??
    Personally I prefer my Schmidt&Bender scopes over Nighforce and that's my opinion,but give credit where it's due these little WTC scopes are absolute superb value for money!!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

If they offered this scope with a slightly higher range of magnification with an updated ret it would sell very well indeed I reckon. I have had a few over the years and would agree that they are excellent value for money.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

got 2 of these and they are both over 10yr old. nice scopes for close range ratting to would never part with them as they are keepers

I've had several of these great little scopes and let them all go to try something with more mag and every time I've regretted it!
    I've just put a wanted add in for another one - and this time I WILL keep it!