Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

wtc

these scopes are brill when combined with add on night vision ie cobra merlin etc,focus from your toes to infinty no side parralex needed.wouldnt be without mine,robo.

whitetail's, so good i got two!

picked one up secondhand from local gun shop for £60 with mounts about a year ago,love it so much I just got another from a freind for £40, with mounts for my sons R10 bsa, much better than his previous scope a leapers 3-12x44 30mm tube illuminated & hardly notice it's on gun the weight's so compact,shows up many a bigger scope in poor light.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    picked one up secondhand from local gun shop for £60 with mounts about a year ago,love it so much I just got another from a freind for £40, with mounts for my sons R10 bsa, much better than his previous scope a leapers 3-12x44 30mm tube illuminated & hardly notice it's on gun the weight's so compact,shows up many a bigger scope in poor light.
    Snap!...yesterday I bought yet another example of the classic little Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20WA and a ProAir 4-12x40, at £100 for the pair I simply couldn't resist

These seem to change hands on the S/H market for around the £50 mark, and that makes them absolute bargain in my book.
    blah blah

I've got one of these on my .357 Magnum - Marlin Carbine. Only had it a few weeks, its fantastic!!

I've had quite a few of these over the years - they are brilliant scopes

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by GATMAN View Post
    I've had quite a few of these over the years - they are brilliant scopes

Paul.
    me to very good for the price!
    still have 3/10/50 on my rimmy and at 130m i can head shoot the bunnys no probs!with the bi pod,thay are very very good scopes.
    i have 1 or 2

Had a few, now down to my last one which is on a Theoben Fenman. Non have ever given a problem. Always been a bargain, highly versatile scope. Everyone should have one on something in their armory.

Springers are actually far more likely to break a scope than any CF rifle, the reason is that a CF rifle has a "one way" recoil, whereas a springer has a "recoil" that moves both back and forwards, also vibration can kill a lesser scope

The Eliminator mounts run on rubber cored "Dampa mount" system, so does the Dual Magnum which although still "recoils" the rubber takes away vibration, if the BSA Supersport was "piston slamming" (which is quite likely as they dont have the best of piston seals) then it isnt surprising it was a scope eater, notice the same action but on the Lightning series has a scope rail that sits on a bed of rubber, which solves the problem

I have a WTC model like the one mentioned on a HW80 running at 20ftlb, been on it for years, it has smooth firing cycle so no problem

A lot of scope makers test models on Magnum springers, to declare them as Springer rated
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Thumbs up Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20

Re: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Great little scope's I have just recently took of my 6.5-20 EFR and sold it because I was so impressed with this scope. I mounted the above scope just to try and feel if it gave me a better balance and also to reduce weight and magnification, for the purpose of shooting 25m sporting-rifle comp's at my local club.

And this scope on 2mag it just the ticket nice and clear with basic duplex ret, is all I need and the results on paper are pretty good to. WTC 1.5-5x20 is a lovely little scope.

Regards

Friday
    Last edited by Friday; 26-07-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: couple of added bit's
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Anyone want one for £60 then
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

WTC alternative (more mag)

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    On the question of 'airgun rated' it is true that the action of a springer or rammer is more damaging than from a centrefire rifle but I would still claim on the warranty if anything went wrong. It never has with me using any quality scope even on the Eliminator which is the most scope-unfriendly rifle I own. On that particular rifle I use the Simmons Pro Air 6-18x40 but a lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty and will be honoured providing you can produce the documentation that originally came with the scope. The problem of course is that the Simmons Pro Air and WTC ranges have been discontinued so lord knows what scope they would give you if you did claim.
    As far as the 1.5-5x20 is concerned it is a fantastic little scope but sadly doesn't have enough mag for me so I use the Simmons WTC 3.5-10x40- which is quite a bit smaller and lighter than its big brother the 3.5-10x50-when compact size and weight is required. As I said in a previous post, I reckon the absolute best of the current generation of compact scopes is probably the Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 mildot. Lots out there to choose from so there should be something to suit us all!
    Totally agree that WTC is the dawgs dangles, but i need more power! Love the look of the WTC also and sport one on my Phoniex mkII. Been looking into a similar scope but with more mag power for the Harrier...saw the Rhino 2.5-10x26 in Airgun World - anyone seen/ used one?
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Brilliant scopes for the money!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I have been using one on my rimfire and am happy with it's performance. Struck a deal with PALLADIN for a second one this morning as I intend using it on my Mauser .30-06

Does anyone have a link to this scopes specifications - FOV, adjustment range, etc.?

Thanks.

Rustam

P.S.: I think I read somewhere that they are fully multi-coated. Is this true?
    Last edited by Rustam Bana; 11-11-2009 at 06:45 AM.

I have one mounted on my .444marilin and use it with full power home loads and it just keeps working.
    Great scope for the money.
    Bob.

aetec

if u think the whitetail's good try a aetec much better optically+build quality one's made in the phillipines are the best