Thread: small calibre muzzle loading pistols

small calibre muzzle loading pistols

Hello

I'm thinking about getting a variation for a repro .31 Remington pocket revolver, or a .22 North American Arms mini black powder revolver. It will be used for fun rather than serious competition. Does anyone have any experience with either of these, and could they give any details, such as approx group size attainable?

Regards

SpringfieldM6

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I don't have any experience with the .31, or with the BP NAA, but I have shot the cartridge version of the latter. Talk about hard to hit anything with it!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Portsmouth Gun Centre has an NAA b/p. 200 quid, S/H. Can't imagine you'd get much after 7yds.....

As for .31 cal, light and fast. Ballistics equivilant to a .22lr and at 15yds, 4-6" groups, at 25, expect dinner plate size.

I know it's "off subject" a little, but what sort of accuracy should I be looking for from a .44 at 25yards? Dinner plate at 15, so is it Ford Fiesta at 25?

I've got 3 .44's. Two Uberti will give 3-5" at 25yds, but then my Rogers & Spencer will half that if I do my bit. I also have some .36's, one of them that I'm able to fit a stock to. This Navy, with the stock fitted will punch one and a half inch, six round groups! Now if only I could replicate that hand held!!

Oooer. Best get my game face on!

Lucky if I can hit the card with 3 of 6.

He'd be frightened though, and those three would smart a tad!