Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

Blimey, mildot, really? I was looking forward to getting one and now i'm worried I did have my doubts whwther 6.5x mag range could be done without losing optical clarity.... Did you have areally good look through it?

ATVB Richard Utting
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Richness

If you let me know if you are going to any shoots this year, you are more than welcome to look through mine, I think you will be impressed, everybody who has used it so far has commented on the quality of the image.

Dave

Thumbs up

cool, thanks Dave - i'd be most interested to try one out

If you can get to look through someone who owns one then i would! because the one i looked through at the cla realy was 5h1te! if they had offered it to me for free i would have battered them with it for insulting me!

But as Dave said the one he looked at at the game fair was also crap, butthe one he has bought he says is great! so i can only assume that the one at the cla was a dud. i find it hard to believe but going on what dave thinks of his it must have been.

Personaly im not prepared to risk it. For the money they cost i personaly think there are better scopes out there!

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    If you can get to look through someone who owns one then i would! because the one i looked through at the cla realy was 5h1te! if they had offered it to me for free i would have battered them with it for insulting me!

But as Dave said the one he looked at at the game fair was also crap, butthe one he has bought he says is great! so i can only assume that the one at the cla was a dud. i find it hard to believe but going on what dave thinks of his it must have been.

Personaly im not prepared to risk it. For the money they cost i personaly think there are better scopes out there!
    its hard to say really when i 1st got my bushnell 4200 i didnt think it was that good. but when i had it on my hmr for 6 months then went back to the whitetail i had you really no the difference in them.

its the same if you had a s&b and a swarovski use them for so many months each and you will soon see which is the best for your eyes.

its just a shame that we cant take a load of scopes home from the shop to try out

Have just bought a 4.5-30x50 and a 2.5-16x50. Will test thoroughly and report back. I'm not easily pleased. We'll see

Will also be interested, I know some of the FT boys were looking at the higher mag scope, but it does only come down to 25yds.

Dave

bushnell 6500

Hi, I just happened to pick one up last week, I liked the look and feel, mildot, big tube, side wheel etc. I had a quick rethink as when I got it home I realized it focused down to 25yds not the usual airgun - 10. I decided to keep it anyway, as it is to mount on my Ripper xl25, and I expect to shoot at 50-100 yds. (fac 50ft lb)
    I note the above to make sure you all are aware of the 25yd focus.
    best - Artsr
    none

I noted in my review, artsr, that it focussed a shade shorter than that, even in full power (despite dial only going to 25y - that's better than most though)
    The 2.5-16x50 version a great rangefinder (strangely) and dial is marked to 10y FYI
    ATB Richard

Update :-

Now used scope for a while and I have found it excellent, mainly used for shooting rabbits at night from a vehicle, gathers light well copes with cold and damp conditions really really well.

I have found the variable mag (down to 2.5 ) one of most useful features.

Very robust scope and the picture clarity is fantastic. The only feature I wish it had is an illuminated reticule but other than that its a scope for life.

Will post more in the future when used more.

Thanks

Dave

Thumbs up

Yep i'd second that Dave.
    I've used my 2.5-16 extensively now on my rimmy and i really rate it. Enough to keep it there permanently

I've been using the 2.5-16x42 for hft for a few week's now. The optic's are superb, good depth of field when set on 10 mag. I used it last week in woodland with the bright early morning sun coming straight at me with out a sunshade on and now problem with it whiteing out or flaring. I think i could have finnally found the perfect scope.

I've been testing the 4.5-30x50 for FT use for about a month now. I am very impressed by the rangefinding capability of this scope on 30X. I am using a 4" sidewheel and the gaps between 45,50 & 55 yards are more than twice the width of those found on the new Nikko using the same size sidewheel. I use a 50ft adapter for ranges under 25 yards. The 50ft adapter enables ranges from 20 yards down to 10 yards on 30X. Ranges between 20 yards and 25 yards can be brought into focus by lowering the magnification. A couple of the lads from the Midlands had a go with my set up a few weeks back and have now purchased their own 4.5-30x50's

After talking to Dave Hatfield got a 2.5-16x42 on its way.

Pete

mildots

Does anyone know what the mildots are true at on the 4.5-30x50 ?