Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Grasshopper may well get sprayed with DDT if he alters my px again

So Charles is the Bushnell or the EB going on the new feinwerkbau p70?
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    So Charles is the Bushnell or the EB going on the new feinwerkbau p70?
    Thinking of ordering one with a custom scope rail, so I can mount them in parallel
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Scope update :-

I have used the scope now for every shooting trip I have took from hunting night and day to target shooting.

The scope has been faultless to use, no whiting out or flaring in direct sunlight and the extra time it gives due to the brightness of the image is fantastic.

Have done some experiments with range finding and its very very good for the x16 mag on the scope, you just have to learn where the sidewhell is marked is not allways true. I think if a large wheel was used and your own markings it would be fantastic, but it is very consistent onece figured out and does not suffer from temp changes either.

The scope is very robust and well made with a terrific finish that oozes class.

The turrets are really good giving positive clicks and i found it very easy to dial in.

Compared the scope to a 4200 last week and both of us thought the 6500 was better in terms of image quality and clarity, seemed to be finished better as well.

As I use it more I will update again as promised.

Good to see more being used now, and at BAR's price I think another will appear on my recently aquired venom.

Thanks

Dave

Thumbs up

You can correct the marking for yardage by adjusting the ocular bell....

My 2.5-16 couldn't suit my 22lr any better - delighted with it
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Its a cracker

Bought one recently from BAR and i am very pleased with it, up untill now i have used Hawke, Falcon and the likes and this is without doubt a step up. Everything operates nice and smoothly and the optics are fantastic. Would recommend this scope without hesitation. Could easily get bitten by the scope bug if i do not show some self restraint.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Question Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 with Mil Dot

Any one knows that upto what short of distances, I can use this scope fitted in my Remmington 700 Customised with AICS in .308 Calibre. (From South York Shooting Supplies). I really wanted to use it in 75metres (In Reepham, Lincoln), 300, 500, 600, 900 & 1000 Yrds (in Bisley, Surrey). I have found the above Scope at Uttings.com for £599. Is it a good price?
    Rambo

Well Rambo it's a lot of scope for the money, we've all agreed on that.
    For your usage, you need to think about mag and optical quality for your money, plus turrets
    30x is a good start! Short of custom work, that's about your max available so that's that box ticked
    Optically, these are real good but short of the £1500 scopes, not that any of them do 30x, so YES this would be a cracking scope on that front.
    Turret-wise, you have a very generous amount of adjustment on these (60MOA i believe) and the turrets are quick resettable etc. V nice
    So yes i reckon this scope would be a corker for your useage mate
    Good luck
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Bushnell Elite 6500

Hi Richness,
    Thank you for your advise. Yes, I am going to go for the above scope. Utting.com is currently waiting for the delivery. Currently N/A. Once they get it, I will receive. If any one knows, Where else I can get that, Please advise me and the sort of price!
    Rambo

Rambo, try Blackpool air rifles (BAR on the web) at £539 for the 4.5x30x50
    ISP Airstream MKIII Leup MK4 10x40
    ISP Airstream MKIII Leup MK4 2.5-8x36
    [url]http://rivington-riflemen.eu

I actualy like fixed mag side PX scopes, but the choice is a bit thin. I've had three Falcon Menace 7.5 x 50 and was well pleased with them, though I found them a bit bulky and heavy.

I had a Menace on my Anschutz .22lr, it performed well enough and frankly excellent for the money but the size and weight didn't really suit the Anschutz.

I searched the net and found the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42 for £408 posted, brand new on special offer from a reputable UK on line retailer (I won't name them out of respect to JSR). Too good to be true it seemd but I took the plunge and bought it on Monday. It arrived Tuesday.

Unfortunately the special offer was removed as soon as I bought mine, so you will just have to shop around yourselves!!

To say I was impressed with the service was an understatement. As for the scope, I'm very impressed. It is light and sits low on my rifle. The optics are excellent, the adjustments are smooth and not at all stiff. The windage and elevation turrets are not the tactical type, which removes the worry of knocking them. The side PX and mag ring are as smooth as any I've owned before.

At the moment, the scope has only been boresighted in the garden. I did take it out last night to a farm on MOD land, only to find the MOD range open and therefore the farm out of bounds so it will have to wait till Saturday for a full trial.

I have owned a Zeiss and Leupold VX111, both with side wheel PX. I can't put my finger on why, but I just didn't get on with the Zeiss, not a critisism just my personal preference. The VX111 was fantastic and was easily reparrallaxed to make it more usefull at airgun and .22lr ranges. The only reason I sold it was because I was skint at the time. The Bushnell appears to have all of the advantages of these other higher end scopes, doesn't need to be reparrallxed and it has a mildot reticle, which for me is a massive bonus.

My personal preference has always been for big objectives, but the write ups on this scope tend to suggest it is as good as many others with 50 or 56 mm objective lenses, only time and bunnies will tell.

Maybe I have missed this earlier but I see the 6500 series is now available with tactial turrets.

http://www.bushnell.com/general/rifl...0_65-4305t.cfm

Ady is offline To thine own self be true
    I'm confused.

How do the 'resettable' turrets work and look like.

Most the pictures I see look like this with no markings round the outside so I imagine you can't dial up and down.
    http://www.gunreports.com/media/news...500-2-5-16.jpg

But here you see the standard scope with markings on low profile turrets
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=2734&pic=0

I also know they have recently bought out a new tactical model with turrets but they look just too big and not very neat
    http://images2.opticsplanet.com/640-...pe-652164t.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ady-uk View Post
    I'm confused.

How do the 'resettable' turrets work and look like.

Most the pictures I see look like this with no markings round the outside so I imagine you can't dial up and down.
    http://www.gunreports.com/media/news...500-2-5-16.jpg

But here you see the standard scope with markings on low profile turrets
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=2734&pic=0

I also know they have recently bought out a new tactical model with turrets but they look just too big and not very neat
    http://images2.opticsplanet.com/640-...pe-652164t.jpg
    Oh dear In the first pick the turrets have there screw on covers on, in the second they don't hope this helps
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Ady is offline To thine own self be true
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Oh dear In the first pick the turrets have there screw on covers on, in the second they don't hope this helps
    Sorry but I seriously am toying with buying one. Its a lot of money.
    I don't have the convenience of knowing someone that has one for me to look at.
    I think the proper turrets just look huge and cumbersome yet don't want to spend that sort of money and regret making the wrong choice

That's why I ask the question. I thought that was what the board was for.
    To help others and seek help & advice when needed.

I didn't appreciate the "oh dear "
    Sorry I asked. I'll be more careful what I ask in future and continue to struggle & find the info on my own, rather than risk getting belittled.

OK you did tell me the pic of the markings had the covers removed. makes sense now. but when zeroed can I move the outer ring with markings so my zero line up with the 0 on the dial.

You were so quick to give a flippant answer with a 'put down tone' you didn't really answer my question properly. did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ady-uk View Post
    Sorry but I seriously am toying with buying one. Its a lot of money.
    I don't have the convenience of knowing someone that has one for me to look at.
    I think the proper turrets just look huge and cumbersome yet don't want to spend that sort of money and regret making the wrong choice

That's why I ask the question. I thought that was what the board was for.
    To help others and seek help & advice when needed.

I didn't appreciate the "oh dear " Never mind eh
    Sorry I asked. I'll be more careful what I ask in future and continue to struggle & find the info on my own, rather than risk getting belittled.I'm sure you'll recover

OK you did tell me the pic of the markings had the covers removed. makes sense now. but when zeroed can I move the outer ring with markings so my zero line up with the 0 on the dial. Yes although not all of the 6500's have the multiple marks some have a single centre mark

You were so quick to give a flippant answer with a 'put down tone' you didn't really answer my question properly. did you?
    Sorry your so easily offended, this is actually the review section so its not often you get questions but to answer yours see above. And had you come back with something other than an arsy attitude I might have been willing to meet up when I'm in your area next week and show you the difference on both of mine
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"