Thread: What Scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question What Scope

Hi,
    What scope should i get for FT shooting? I will be fitting it to a Daystate MK4 .177. I am a beginner at FT shooting but dont want to buy a scope and then wish i'd bought better, one scope i had in mind was MTC Viper 8 x 32 x60 what do you think? also should i get illuminate reticule?
    Tincan

10-50 nikko ....

Depends how much you want to spend - or how much you feel the need to spend.

Big BSAs/Nikkos and Custom Shops/Debens can be had quite cheap and are proven tools.

I recently bought a 8-40 x 56 Custom Shop from the 'bay for £87. I would be happy to bolt it to my Dominator and use it in competition tomorrow.

I've got a Burris RA, boosted Leupold MK4, I've had Baush and Lombs, lots of other Leupolds, Big BSAs etc.

My favourite FT scope is the Hakko made Deben 10-50 x 56, I've got two early non-illuminated ones. I find the rangfinding to be perfect in all conditions, the turrets are great and on 20 power (which I shoot on) the optics are good and the reticule is a very well-defined mil-dot.

I do love comp series Leupolds but the standard ret is super fine and I don't like shooting on such high mag.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by simona View Post
    Depends how much you want to spend - or how much you feel the need to spend.

Big BSAs/Nikkos and Custom Shops/Debens can be had quite cheap and are proven tools.

I recently bought a 8-40 x 56 Custom Shop from the 'bay for £87. I would be happy to bolt it to my Dominator and use it in competition tomorrow.

I've got a Burris RA, boosted Leupold MK4, I've had Baush and Lombs, lots of other Leupolds, Big BSAs etc.

My favourite FT scope is the Hakko made Deben 10-50 x 56, I've got two early non-illuminated ones. I find the rangfinding to be perfect in all conditions, the turrets are great and on 20 power (which I shoot on) the optics are good and the reticule is a very well-defined mil-dot.

I do love comp series Leupolds but the standard ret is super fine and I don't like shooting on such high mag.
    Hi
    Thanks Simona
    Tincan
    Last edited by Tincan; 15-09-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: edit (spelling)

It's just a personal perspective, I'm sure you will end up with your own favourite in time.

Lots of people use Big Nikkos in preference to anything else regardless of price, and a few use Custom Shops / Debens.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

Tincan if you come over to quarry rifles (near Blackwood) a week Wednesday you can have a look at/through
    1: Leupold 20/50 mag
    2: Deben 10/50 mag
    3:Bushnell 8/32 mag

Gary
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

Big Nikko
    http://www.redfearnsftc.co.uk
    AA EV2 + Leupold x 40 Comp