Not really a review, more of an opinion:

I recently bought two of these lovely rifles, one is Walnut and black in .223 the other is Stainless and Laminate .204, both are Varmint models

Both are std apart from screwcut, and both have been recrowned by C n Shoot, both these rifles are accurate beyond belief considering they dont have floating barrels, glass pillar bedding and all the stuff we usually do to our bolt guns

Triggers have been adjusted and cleaned up, the .223 shoots PMC factory ammo (50grn Gameking bullets) into a half inch hole at 100yds (5 shots!)

The .204 is grouping well with 40grn Bergers and 40grn Vmax, in fact its boringly accurate at 100 yds, I bought this one of Neil (Dasherman) and he said it may need a recrown as the one it came with wasnt done by him, I got Chris to to recrown it as it looked a bit iffy

Thesae rifles have immensely strong actions so these sort of calibres aint powerful enough for it too even wake up They are very nice to shoot, the falling block style is very easy to operate and anybody that likes single shot rifles should get a look at these Ruber No 1s

I have had one in .270 and that was one accurate rifle too, also got my eye on a 25-06 that is going for a good price

The unusual thing about these rifles is that they seem to shoot very well without any mods or tuning, I have read about the spring hanger that sits beneath the barrel can need a bit of relieving to stop it touching barrel, but I think that must be on early models as theres plenty of gap on these two

I think these two are "keepers"