Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MTC Optics

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    See the red bit above. Did you re-zero between turning it a bit and starting shooting again?

Something as mundane as re-torquing the mount screws can affect zero, so turning it may certainly knock everything out of line.

I zeroed it before turning and then straight after (due to it being way off)

Over the past few months ive remounted my VIPER a fair few times and adjusted for cant of ret and never had anywhere near the change in zero, infact cant even remember haveing a change come to think of it.

The full story is long so if you want to get a cup of tea here it is........

Had some major problems with one of my rifles shooting pellits where they shudnt be going, usually up (sometimes by alot), at first i though it was my rifle and gave it a pull through things seem to settle but had strange p.o.i again.

So swaped my viper to my other rifle, thinking its the rifle thats the problem and it zeroed fine then like i said i slightly twisted the scope round abit and the zero changed dramatically, i zeroed it back in and went on course, it was the emley v redferns so wanted to do my bit for the club, after the 1st 2 targets it started shooting strange again like it did with the other rifle (mainly up and left, WAY up usually)

Now the thought that it was me did cross my mind and ill be the 1st to say im not the best shot in the world to say the least but theres no way im that bad (sometimes lucky for the pellit to hit the plate at 30 yards ), ive just tried a hawke tac on the rifle i last used for the viper on and i didnt have a problem.

of course its early days yet so more testing to go this sunday at club and the shop i bought the viper from has asked for it back to test sooooo.
    Air Arms MPR + GINB FT1 + VIPER 10X44
    WALTHER LGU + VIPER 10X44

hI mtc fans ,which mtc scope would you lot rate as the best for hft using a springer & how do they compare to bushnell legend which i rate highly.I like the look of the mamba lite.cheers marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus View Post
    hI mtc fans ,which mtc scope would you lot rate as the best for hft using a springer & how do they compare to bushnell legend which i rate highly.I like the look of the mamba lite.cheers marcus
    Best MTC for dedicated HFT would be the 10x44 imho, allthough most if not all of the range can be used for HFT. I used a mamba lite on my HW100 in a comp once, my misses were my fault not the scopes (allthough realy need my cheek piece doing on my hw100.. or get a custom stock ).

havent used a bushnell legend so cant coment on them.

Hi Marcus

I have a couple of the Mamba Lites and really like them. Much prefer them to the Viper I had. And they seem better optically than the standard Mamba I had. They are nice and light so they don't upset the balance of the rifle. Nice and slim too. Glass is much better than the price suggests. Of the two models I prefer the 3-12 model.

What club do you shoot at now? Would happily bring them over for you take a look through if its local. Or if you fancy a day out at Bisley

Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Hi Marcus

I have a couple of the Mamba Lites and really like them. Much prefer them to the Viper I had. And they seem better optically than the standard Mamba I had. They are nice and light so they don't upset the balance of the rifle. Nice and slim too. Glass is much better than the price suggests. Of the two models I prefer the 3-12 model.

What club do you shoot at now? Would happily bring them over for you take a look through if its local. Or if you fancy a day out at Bisley
    Hi Paul how are you ,good i hope .Not currently shooting at a club ,i might join maidenhead as its local.I'm just coming back to airguns after quite a long lay off .I'm gonna give hft a go with a springer .A day out at Bisley sounds good mate .cheers marcus

Quote Originally Posted by LANKY MK View Post
    Best MTC for dedicated HFT would be the 10x44 imho, allthough most if not all of the range can be used for HFT. I used a mamba lite on my HW100 in a comp once, my misses were my fault not the scopes (allthough realy need my cheek piece doing on my hw100.. or get a custom stock ).

havent used a bushnell legend so cant coment on them.
    Thanks for the reply i'll try & have a look through some.cheers marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus View Post
    Thanks for the reply i'll try & have a look through some.cheers marcus
    No probs marcus, get ya self down to a club, im sure youll get the chance to try a variaty of scopes (and guns). a mamba lite is a sound choice though but its allways best to try before you buy.

All the best

Mark

Lanky, I'm sure Gary will sort you out if needs be.

I have seen people do awful things to scopes, and assume them to still be zeroed, hence my question.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Can do Maidenhead on one Saturday morning Marcus - just drop me a PM and we'll try and arrange something.