Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MTC Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Bah Humbug.
    Someone quote him on that in one of the Airgun mags

One thing I've learned is that I have no need for 30mm tubes ... picture just as clear with 1" and lighter too.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Customer service

Emailed MTC about a week ago never heard from them then got a email to say they were very sorry they hadn't replied has they had been busy with the kelmarsh game fair they asked me to ring them with my requirements spoke to Sammie on Friday goods arrived Monday thats what i call customer service and this was the first time i have ever dealt with them and will do again.

Blueue

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    I have to be honest here.

I would take this opportunity to make one recommendation though, if you have not considered the mamba lite as a serious sister scope to the others, then do.
    100% agree with you

Trouble with scopes and in fact rifles at times is that people read airgun mags, forums, hype etc and off they go with their cash. They often don't truly ask themselves what they will use the kit for and what will actually do the job for them that warrants the cash expenditure. The mamba lite is perfect example.

Haven't got a bad word to say for Sammi when I've met her in person or dealt with her. End of

Quote Originally Posted by Macone View Post
    100% agree with you

Trouble with scopes and in fact rifles at times is that people read airgun mags, forums, hype etc and off they go with their cash. They often don't truly ask themselves what they will use the kit for and what will actually do the job for them that warrants the cash expenditure. The mamba lite is perfect example.

Haven't got a bad word to say for Sammi when I've met her in person or dealt with her. End of
    People would surely think about what features are useful to them and make their decision based on their needs. Why would they buy it otherwise?
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Nope not always,

Ok for example how many MTC Vipers are in the secondhand section? Quite a few come up. Airgun reviews come up, optics reviews on here etc and buy it as a hunting scope. Why? Because they think they are getting quality optics for their money. BUT its not the best hunting scope on a sub 12 air rifle full stop. Its a target scope.

I've seen plenty that have bought an air gun from a shop with only shouldering the rifle inside the shop and never firing a shot through it. Out it goes as secondhand a little while later cos they can't get on with it and buy a second hand S410.

NV... another fine example of people spending money at sub 12 and stupid amounts when a lamp would do a great job for x10 less.

Boys and their toys, maybe? Lead to believe that buying the "best" would be the way to go.......

and out of interest are Bushnell making a 5-15x44 now

I had the 5-15x40 and still see it as one of the best optical scopes I have used for the money.

Just wondering if the new model is better?

In my job never doubt the stupidity of the general public and not all airgun owners are actually as knowledgeable as the size of their wallets

and the example I give is the one I have made. MTC Mamba lite vs Viper to go ratting with.

Quote Originally Posted by Macone View Post
    Nope not always,

Ok for example how many MTC Vipers are in the secondhand section? Quite a few come up. Airgun reviews come up, optics reviews on here etc and buy it as a hunting scope. Why? Because they think they are getting quality optics for their money. BUT its not the best hunting scope on a sub 12 air rifle full stop. Its a target scope.

I've seen plenty that have bought an air gun from a shop with only shouldering the rifle inside the shop and never firing a shot through it. Out it goes as secondhand a little while later cos they can't get on with it and buy a second hand S410.

NV... another fine example of people spending money at sub 12 and stupid amounts when a lamp would do a great job for x10 less.

Boys and their toys, maybe? Lead to believe that buying the "best" would be the way to go.......

and out of interest are Bushnell making a 5-15x44 now

I had the 5-15x40 and still see it as one of the best optical scopes I have used for the money.

Just wondering if the new model is better?

In my job never doubt the stupidity of the general public and not all airgun owners are actually as knowledgeable as the size of their wallets

and the example I give is the one I have made. MTC Mamba lite vs Viper to go ratting with.
    I'd prefer the Viper
    Last edited by Gary C; 14-04-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    I like IR for ratting, ML doesn't have it.
    But the mamba does.

So why the heavy weight Viper for ratting over the mamba with IR when they both have it?

I'll try again,

Mamba lite...one of the most underrated scopes around

Sales... speak to Sammi sound and genuine lady

The mamba lite is a non IR Ret side wheel PX scope that is light, effective and COULD possibly be a combination as as a NV add on. As to the fact it is as effective as a swat compact in non IR for NV is debatable in the realms of eye relief.

The Mamba does not have target turrets so it makes it more effective with Lamp and IR/Laser attachment without the target turrets getting in the way of ANY beam of light

The Viper has Target turrets that interfere with ANY kind of Lamp, NV system, Torch and is heavy, ..... cos its a target scope

still can't see why the Viper with IR ret is your first choice Gary.....which as once again you have changed your sig from arrogant to abrupt which is why you REALLY after all these years ought to listain and observe your missus......

Unless of course you know something I don't as the director of MTC vs myself as an owner and shooter of your products.

Not a dig Gary seriously, read back! I've bigged up the mamba lite, said your good lady is great at sales, follow up and customer service........

BUT WHY THE VIPER FOR RATTING??????????? apart from the IR which most of your scopes have, such as the mamba vs mamba lite....

Which is where this started from?

Why not the Mamba with IR? Considering if you are hunting at night you need additional light be it lamp or NV?

Just asking the director of MTC so I can understand why they would pick a product out of their range I wouldn't for a moment

FOR THE JOB IN HAND!! which was my point from the start.
    Last edited by Gary C; 14-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.

To summarise

The Mamba is not ideal for all NV attachments as it has an IR binnacle and some systems won't fit.
    The ML doesn't have IR
    Therefore, if you need a scope for ratting that can be used under all conditions the Viper is our obvious choice. Not rocket science really.
    Last edited by Gary C; 14-04-2010 at 04:44 PM.

well i have a mamba lite & one word off me is = WINNER.

it is lite wight & it as a great view through it !, so i am very happy indeed.

however i think the foucs or how i have had it mounted for me might need a tweek.

plus the sunshade i got off sammie is great too, for them sunny days.

May I remind certain parties that we all have different opinions, but the difference between some of us is in the way we put that opinion across..

By all means discuss the merits of the scope in question with resorting to personal challenges with puffing our chests out..

A new line begins here.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

yep like all things in life there is different views on everything....
    good or bad its our choice.

& like most things too, try & test as many as you can........ .

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Today I used the Mamba Lite on my TX200HC and here are my initial thoughts:

• Feels much lighter than the Viper, which is good for a heavy springer.
    • Optically very sharp with no distortion around the edges and image is very good right up to x16. Slight Hint of it going milky if head is in wrong position at maximum magnification and if with sun is in front, but it really is hardly noticeable...in fact less so than my old Viper (even though same glass).
    • Great reticle, which is why I love these scopes.
    • Reticle adjustment is easy and the low-profile adjusters click positively.
    • Zoom ring is very smooth, parallax adjuster is a little less smooth but not significantly so.
    • Feels solid in construction.
    • One thought for improvement for me is the field of view ... I noticed my Bushnell Sportsman has a wider FoV, by which I mean it fills the viewing area as you look down the scope. It's smaller in frame on MTC scopes so it would be great if that was changed.

Overall, great scope and perfect for hunting.
    Ha, funny that.

I have just bought 2 more, one for my TX and another for the PS.

I will only be using these for day shooting though, if I go lamping (IF) I would use my old connect, I have NV anyway, so am not worried about add ons...at the moment

NV and lamping are different strategies, one is pretty static, one is quite mobile, so if you can do both.

There is so much ambient light here that normal lamping takes some doing, but NV can work in some areas.

The lite is just a nice little compact, well featured scope, and it wont make anything other than a pistol top heavy.

Better spending spare cash on decent mounts TBH (The lite does not have any, which is fine as mine will be having one piece for the boingers anyway).

I have one on my Huntsman, ideal. Works nice on bunnies

My Viper is a big beasty, but it lives on my rabbit ambushing rig, which is pretty well bipod bound, and I use it for ambushing rabbits (I have lots of hedge row warrens with very little cover, so it is ambush into wind, take one or two and move on, so they tend do be over some quite wide ranges, hence the target type scope). Works a treat, particularly with the sunshade.

Spent many a happy hour kipping behind charlene and the viper

I used to go for the largest scope I could afford, but it has become apparent that this is a bit unwise, and does not necessarilly help the balance and head position.

Just got to get shot of the sidewinder now....any offers??
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

well im taking my 10X44 VIPER back tomorow to REDBECK, bought it wednesday & today was the 1st time i got to zero it & the top turrent isnt working

thats was his last 10X44 VIPER aswell, yes i do want another

I have put the Mamba Lite onto my FAC Rapid and zero-ed to 45 yards using Bisley Magnums running at 829fps. Here is the aim chart for the reticle, if it is useful for anyone:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...O_05/new-1.jpg