Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw 35 E .177.

Hw 35 E .177.

NO its not for sale, to spite being told I will never get the power up to 10ftlb ish, due to my 35e being a .177, it is now running at a sweet 10.6ftlb 753 fps with a 8.45 grn, I did have to fit a late model piston but I am a happy bunny.

Congratulations on your determination!

never get it up to 10ft lb,s ,,,who told you that !!
    my .177 35E is doing 11.4 ft lbs, with h&n ftt @ 8.66g,, and thats with a v-mach piston seal (same as hw80) custom fit spring guides and a std spring
    ATB
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiwolves View Post
    never get it up to 10ft lb,s ,,,who told you that !!
    my .177 35E is doing 11.4 ft lbs, with h&n ftt @ 8.66g,, and thats with a v-mach piston seal (same as hw80) custom fit spring guides and a std spring
    ATB
    paul
    I had to tune my 35e on a tight budget, so anything over 10ftlbs is a bonus.

i must admitt , i have a .177 35luxus with the leather piston head and i am having a hard time getting that past about 9.6ft lb , and thats even with a maccari kit fitted,
    if you do get the chance to fit better fitting spring guides i would strongly recomend it, makes it a lot sweeter to fire, a lot less twang
    ATB
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiwolves View Post
    i must admitt , i have a .177 35luxus with the leather piston head and i am having a hard time getting that past about 9.6ft lb , and thats even with a maccari kit fitted,
    if you do get the chance to fit better fitting spring guides i would strongly recomend it, makes it a lot sweeter to fire, a lot less twang
    ATB
    paul
    the gun has a cut down Titan spring, and a made to fit rear guide (thanks to Ian g) it shoots very sweet so I will leave it for the time being, the last time I fitted a VENOM piston seal to a 35 it put power up by nearly one ftlb,, so might just,,,,,,,,,

'35 tuning

Hiya all,
    I dont want to hijack this thread or anything (and by the way- well done with the tuning 99 clomp)!

I have 2 x 35Es and 2 x 35Ls, both marques in each of the main calibres. Two of each are good collectable condition- the other two are dogs to be honest.

Anyhow- a question. What do people think about fitting non std performance parts to what are becoming collectable rifles? What I mean by this is the area of fitting later nylon type heads to rifles originally fitted with leather, fitting better made guides, top hats, higher performance spings etc?

For my part, I personally dont have any problems whatsoever with this as ALL my collection gets used occasionally- they are what I call "practical classics" and are mainly German springers. I guess there are purists out there who would frown upon the very suggestion of fitting non std parts (and I do respect all points of view on this matter), but I guess these people are those that literally own rifles that have never been fired let alone taken out and hunted or plinked with?

Just a thought thats all? Any views?

Cheers all,
    Dave

Hi Dave I have no problem with the fitting of modern parts to my classic, as it is going to be used, but will always keep the OLD bits to put it back to er,,,,old, What I do have a problem with is people who come to a shoot claiming to be classic fans, with a 60/70s classic, with £600 quids worth of the latest wizz bang scope on it

Mint boxed, or similar, and not going to be used then leave them alone. Anything that is going to be used then go for it. There are a lot of HW 35 E's out there so better it shoot sweet than be an average dog. Lots were tuned anyway, and a rifle that doesn't group well is not much fun.

HW35 E was THE rifle with a scope that changed air rifle shooting for good. Increased the range from the farmyard and back garden to the fields; 20 yards to 45 meters. Oh and that record trigger to boot. Bit heavy, but then you bought a FWB Sport. Original 45 was that other rifle in the class. Once the jump in accuracy was proven then nothing that couldn't match it was ever going to be good enough again.

Can anyone get a Webley MKIII or Airsporter S with a scope to group as well as a HW35E or Sport shooting well?? at range??

What would be the ultimate home tune for a HW35, including best drop in parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Mint boxed, or similar, and not going to be used then leave them alone. Anything that is going to be used then go for it. There are a lot of HW 35 E's out there so better it shoot sweet than be an average dog. Lots were tuned anyway, and a rifle that doesn't group well is not much fun.

HW35 E was THE rifle with a scope that changed air rifle shooting for good. Increased the range from the farmyard and back garden to the fields; 20 yards to 45 meters. Oh and that record trigger to boot. Bit heavy, but then you bought a FWB Sport. Original 45 was that other rifle in the class. Once the jump in accuracy was proven then nothing that couldn't match it was ever going to be good enough again.

Can anyone get a Webley MKIII or Airsporter S with a scope to group as well as a HW35E or Sport shooting well?? at range??

What would be the ultimate home tune for a HW35, including best drop in parts?
    to be honest i have a VULCAN that can easily keep up with a HW35 or fwb sport but it does have a two stage trigger fitted
    and this is from the worlds biggest SPORT fan

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    to be honest i have a VULCAN that can easily keep up with a HW35 or fwb sport but it does have a two stage trigger fitted
    and this is from the worlds biggest SPORT fan
    With a two stage trigger a well tuned VULCAN wants some beating

It wasn't exactly grouping, but an Airsporter S did win the post war 50 yard competition at a recent Airgun Fayre near Leicester.

I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe it was the only entry, or did it beat off all the HWs and FWBs?

dogsbody

Hi Ant
    Glad you got your 35 sorted, I still haven't had chance to sort mine out and try a Meteor spring in it yet, as I'm going to have to machine a new spring guide and top hat first.

Good question Jonnyone
    All my guns are used for what they were designed for and I never give a second thought to fitting none standard internals as long as the exterior is not altered. To all intensive purposes my guns look the same externally as the day they left the factory. As 99clomp says if all the original internals are kept they can be refitted at a later date.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Ant
    Glad you got your 35 sorted, I still haven't had chance to sort mine out and try a Meteor spring in it yet, as I'm going to have to machine a new spring guide and top hat first.

All the best Mick
    Thanks mick, I WAS A BIT PUZZELED when I noticed the new piston had a longer cocking bar (about 6mil) but it works

Quote Originally Posted by 99CLOMP View Post
    Thanks mick, I WAS A BIT PUZZELED when I noticed the new piston had a longer cocking bar (about 6mil) but it works

Hi again Ant
    Has it got a longer stroke than the old type piston then ?
    The old one was about 55 mm stroke.

All the best Mick