Thread: Gordon Bruce Webley Book Feedback

Gordon Bruce Webley Book Feedback

Hi Lads,
    I just ordered a copy from an online seller in the U.K(had trouble finding it in Canada),anyway I was wondering if you fellows can offer some feedback. Was the book what you expected? Any other feedback or comments would be great.
    Don't Find Blame,Find A Solution.
    Henry Ford.

Hi
    If there is any chance of cancelling your order do so !!!!!

Joking..the book is superb....
    but your pocket will suffer
    TIM
    Last edited by tjg; 29-11-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows...

bruces book on Webley

This book has saved me a fortune in me not buying rubbish, but cost me a fortune in buying more pistols !, it answers all my questions and i learn something new whenever i read it, totaly recomend. atb

WEBLEYS BY GORDON BRUCE

THE ONLY THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THAT IT IS THE DOGS B*####
    ####*S IT TELLS YOU EVERTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY NEED TO KNOW AND MORE. YOU WILL FIND IT OF GREAT USE. WELL WORTH THE PRICE.

webley book

Its a fantastic book!

Buy this book.
    With the information available, corner the Canadian market in Webley pistols.

Thanks for the feedback fella's,I was hoping your response would be positive. As many of you know,Webleys are not that common here in Canada,and what's even worse is that there is no printed material or manuals available as these pistols were imported.There are a few examples of the Webley air pistol showing up at gun shows and the like,so there is the potential to get a collection going.I've got a couple of examples in my possession,and hopefully with a little added knowledge,I will become more confident to purchase others.
    Henry Ford.

The only problem with this book is that it's so detailed and so full of superb guns that it makes whatever collection you already have seem totally inadequate (unless you are Troubledshooter ) and reminds you that a lifetime of dedicated collecting plus £10,000 of your hard-earned is probably required before you own a 'complete' set of Webley pistols.

Yes,I've seen portions troubleshooters collection posted here on the forum and he's a serious collector to put it mildly.I don't imagine my collection will ever rival his,but I would like to eventually acquire a few early examples at some point.Living across the pond as they say, certainly adds a degree of difficulty to my search,but I figure that will just make a find that much more rewarding.
    Henry Ford.

It's a great book - authoritative, detailed and brimfull of facts, figures and pictures. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The only problem with this book is that it's so detailed and so full of superb guns that it makes whatever collection you already have seem totally inadequate (unless you are Troubledshooter ) and reminds you that a lifetime of dedicated collecting plus £10,000 of your hard-earned is probably required before you own a 'complete' set of Webley pistols.
    There are other collectors with far superior collections than mine, as they collect a wider variety of air guns and have been collecting for a longer period.
    Some of these collectors prefer to keep their collections relatively private, so very few know exactly what is in their collections, but believe me, there are some remarkable collections around.
    I stick mainly to Webley plus a few others for both financial and practical reasons, as I haven't got the space.
    Some Webley items seem to have increased in price quite considerably over the past decade, but there are still the occasional bargains to be had. They just take a little more effort to find nowadays.
    I am currently more interested in the older literature, as that is becoming increasingly difficult to find.