Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12g CO2 capsules

12g CO2 capsules

Hello again folks

Please could you recommend a cheap outlet for 12g CO2 capsules.

Again many thanks

Linnet
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Same again, JSR at the same time as you buy your pellets. Get JSR own brand of gas. £29.95 per 100. Don't think you will get a better quality gas if you pay more - you won't! I've used 100s of JSR without a problem.

Some will recommend Crosman as they contain oil, but Dynamit Nobel who were the importers of the Umarex/RWS C225 strictly advised against them, because the oil gummed up the inner workings of the guns.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Same again, JSR at the same time as you buy your pellets. Get JSR own brand of gas. £29.95 per 100. Don't think you will get a better quality gas if you pay more - you won't! I've used 100s of JSR without a problem.

Some will recommend Crosman as they contain oil, but Dynamit Nobel who were the importers of the Umarex/RWS C225 strictly advised against them, because the oil gummed up the inner workings of the guns.
    Thanks Derek

Is JSR short for JS Ramsbottom? (Having just googled JSR, it seems the most likely option and does indeed have cheap CO2 & pellets).

I read somewhere on the internet that it was a good idea to put a dab of oil on the end of a capsule to protect the seal - I haven't tried this yet, as thought I'd ask all you wonderful gun masterminds - given what you've said above about Crosman capsules - would you agree or disagree???

As I'm pretty sure you know the CO2 capsules in the Tau load upside down in the grip - neck and seal away from the workings.

Thanks again
    Linnet

Look at the top of the pages of this site.

JSR are sponsors of AirgunBBS, and they are pretty competitive for lots of relevant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by John_R View Post
    Look at the top of the pages of this site.

JSR are sponsors of AirgunBBS, and they are pretty competitive for lots of relevant stuff.
    oh Doh to me!!!!
    OK so I don't read banners........
    thanks
    Says Linnet disappearing sheepishly

JSR

yeh there the best place to get the from. Its annoying because the postage adds quite a bit on.
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    I read somewhere on the internet that it was a good idea to put a dab of oil on the end of a capsule to protect the seal - I haven't tried this yet, as thought I'd ask all you wonderful gun masterminds -

Linnet
    Hi Lynne,
    Yes a drop of Pelgun oil on every (or every 3 or 4) capsules will extend seal life and from what many have told me on here, it will also revive (depending on damage) some old seals.

Was that book I sent you informative?

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Hi Lynne,
    Yes a drop of Pelgun oil on every (or every 3 or 4) capsules will extend seal life and from what many have told me on here, it will also revive (depending on damage) some old seals.

Was that book I sent you informative?

Tony
    Thanks Tony and yes the book was very informative. Explained lots of new stuff and reinforced others. I think I shall re-read it every couple of months. Smashing - thank you.

looks like I'll being put an order into JSR shortly then.

Thanks again everyone
    Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    As I'm pretty sure you know the CO2 capsules in the Tau load upside down in the grip - neck and seal away from the workings.

Thanks again
    Linnet

Yes Lynne, same as the Alfa. As there's no seal mating with the end of the cartridge, with the gun upside down, I drop a couple of drops of oil down into the works before popping in the cartridge. I do it about every 8 or 10, or when I remember!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,

Thanks Derek
    Linnet

CO2

I'm not sure if this is relevant for your gun, but if the gun seal mates with the neck of the capsule you need to be careful which type of CO2 bulb you use. Some capsules have a join on the neck where the end is fastened on during production. This join can damage the seal in the gun. This doesn't apply if the gun seal mates with the end of the CO2 capsule.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Can't you use bulk fill with Tau 7's ? It works out a lot cheaper for gas that way. 100 12g capsules is 1200g for £29 A typical 14lb ( 7kg or so ) bottle refill is a tenner or less.

Yes you can use bulk fill and there is a 150gm bulk fill bottle supplied with the gun. I tried it with my Alfa, but the problem is knowing how much gas there is left in the gun.

Frankly I find it preferable to know I have 80/90 or 100 good shots (depending on velocity setting) for my 29p rather than running short half way through a card.

Yes, it costs more, but a couple of 12g bulbs per session is less than a cup of tea and isn't noticed in the long run.

hi derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Ybut the problem is knowing how much gas there is left in the gun.

Frankly I find it preferable to know I have 80/90 or 100 good shots (depending on velocity setting) for my 29p rather than running short half way through a card.
    I got round this problem by weighing the pistol with the cylinder attached. I have a small label on the scales with a minimum weight for 100 shots.

cheers

edd